[Q] A few quick noob questions concerning my new dell.

minipot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to windows 8 (so I hope you'll excuse my avatar - I can't see it on tapatalk but last time I checked it was an android), so I just have a few questions concerning my DV8P. I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section (I searched for answers elsewhere before asking here.)

1. I set up an Xbox account to use in the games app on my desktop PC, made an avatar, and changed my gamerpic. I then added this account to a friends Xbox and befriended him on the Xbox. However, when I added the account to my DV8P the avatar showed up but the gamerpic and friend list did not, although my achievements did sync. Is there a way to fix this?

2. How would I set up multiple accounts only for the store? On my old nexus I could have multiple accounts on the store and install the bought apps from each one no matter if I was on another account. But on my DV8P it only allows me to install and use the apps from the account I have it set to in store at that moment in time( I set it to have multiple accounts by going to store and clicking use another account, then signing in with another one). Also could me using a different Microsoft account in store to the one used for my games account have an affect on question 1?

3. I set up my Gmail on outlook as a send-receive email and it was automatically added to the mail app, it's the one I use for my Microsoft account, now I can send and receive email, but the email that I delete on my DV8P still shows up on my android phone and on the internet Gmail. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for your time; sorry if I have posted in the wrong area.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

minipot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For 3. Did you set your Gmail up as POP or IMAP? It needs to be IMAP to have it delete from all.

Question 3 is more a matter of personal dislike rather than an immediate problem as I know I can set up my Gmail account separately on IMAP from it being synced via my Microsoft account. However, I don't really like that as it causes the mail app to be cluttered with duplicates, seems both accounts sync the same emails but with the IMAP Gmail one it all syncs properly; and I can't get rid of the IMAP Gmail one as then I'm left with a dysfunctional one but nor can I delete the Microsoft one as its my PCs account.

To try and fix it I looked on outlook and found that the problem was that my Gmail was being synced to my outlook using pop, then synced to my windows mail using IMAP. So when I deleted an email in windows mail it was synced to my Microsoft account online but not to Gmail. However, I couldn't find an option to change the Gmail-outlook connection from pop to IMAP. Does anyone know where that option would be?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)