How do I update a Dell Venue 8 pro?

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Finally got it in the mail, I have no idea how to check whether or not it's updated and how to update it. I got it on ebay, so I'm not very sure, any help would be appreciated!

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just do the regular Windows updates check like how you would on your pc.
(Within the start screen type 'updates' & select check for updates)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Be sure not NOT use the provided Dell Update utility (you'll see it running in your system tray on Desktop.)

That Dell Update utility will download a driver update for the screen that will cause the tablet to be unable to boot, necessitating image restore to factory.

If you haven't done so already, create USB flash drive factory image backup.

Then update through Charms bar: swipe from right edge of screen, select Settings, then Change PC settings, then Update and recovery. It's best you connect through wired Interne connection through USB OTG cable if possible as the amount of updates will be quite large and take quite some time to install.

Once that's completed. Register your tablet on the Dell support site. Download and install the updates for BIOS and wireless/Bluetooth.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And try out the updates on the drivers page, my 8 Pro had no issues taking any firmware updates whether for display or no.

If its completely stock, its going to take a couple rounds of updates to get up to speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes