Overheating, backlight bleed, long boot and more with brand new Dell venue 8 pro...

Gaziki

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday I bought this tablet. Firstly it boot nice and swift, but after updating bios to A08 and updating intel atom drivers it takes like 5 sec to hold a power on button to enable the tablet. Whats bothers me is that its not same number all the time. Sometimes it boots after 5, sometimes after 8 secounds, previously just one click and boom. Can I downgrade my bios to A04 and it will help to fix this problem?

Next thing. While I was browsing tablets in local store I felt like dell is quite worm in the middle, it thought its because its turned on all day so didnt bothered. Turns out mine have same problem. Left side is cold and nice, but righ up corner is warm even while web browsing or doing nothing. When entering any game like Hearthstone this spot gets really hot. Its weird, because processor is in left corner i believe and even when it jumps from 45 in iddle to 58 in games spot under it is cold. Its weird when u play that left side of screen is cold and right very hot. It also may damage your screen, make some bad pixels due extreme heat pomping up on your pixels. Am I right?

Also backlight bleed. I noticed that in right up corner where huge battery is in there is like brighter spot, yellowish for 2 cm. Its noticable on darker areas. Is it normall or heating it this spot may caused it?

Next question is how enable this diagnostic menu which pop up after first boot? It showed all data like vga temperature or battery life(mine brand new battery had 97% life status and was loaded for 76%, is it normall?).

And btw. I noticed that charger wasnt sticked in the box and had some scares. All rest was folied and "clicked". You had same issue or someone were using it before buy?;)

Also warranty. It shows I have warranty to 15 may 2015. I know dell counts it from manufacture day, not from buying date, but sales man said it is 2 years producer warranty, how is it.

Thank u if u read that and thank you for any support;). Its first tablet I bought so Iam little consured.

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you may have bought a refurbished unit?
Also, unless I'm playing a flash video or game the back is cool to the touch even running all day, and my unit sits in a plastic case.
Yellowing is okay if its a brand new fresh from the factory unit, the adhesive needs to dry, but that doesn't sound like the case for you.
I'm not sure where you bought it from, but if you just got it, return it now. The screen is enough of a reason let alone the heat and boot issues.
The button hold was extended. But waking from sleep its a quick tap (second or two at most) Sounds like yours is locking up and going to full shutdown.

Gaziki

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
try touch right spot on screen while gaming and tell if its not warm/hot or put it away from case and check. I checked other model in store and had similar problem, also many ppl reporting that this tablet is warming while gaming.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
try touch right spot on screen while gaming and tell if its not warm/hot or put it away from case and check. I checked other model in store and had similar problem, also many ppl reporting that this tablet is warming while gaming.

Out of curiosity, what games are you playing on your venue pro 8; are they full personal computer games or games from the windows store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss