I have a limited budget for tablets so I'm looking for some honest feedback and opinions. I need a tablet for browsing, reading, emailing and occasionally word processing. If I could I would get a Surface 3 but I can't. Which of the two tablets in the title are going to provide me with the best bang for my money? Thank you in advance
    10-02-2014 07:02 PM
    Do you mean a surface pro 2?
    10-02-2014 07:10 PM
    DVP8 for sure, it's a great little device.
    10-02-2014 07:12 PM
    Surface 2. As good as DVP8, its screen is too small to do any real word processing on.. Surface 2 ftw. Bigger 10.6" 1080P screen. Full USB 3.0 port. Two step kick stand, micro SD expandable.
    jaimeastin and Darth Lumia like this.
    10-02-2014 07:27 PM
    Do you mean a surface pro 2?
    I wish….. no is the surface 2 RT. If I had enough for the Pro 2 I would not even ask.
    10-02-2014 09:40 PM
    Sold my surface 2 and kept my dvp8... I had 3 surface devices... Two original and the 2... Very nice... The pro was smaller and eventually used more...

The surface was better overall screen size and easy to connect to monitor or tv. I do use Miracast with the dell two. I do have regular executables installed on the dell, but that was not why I sold the rt devices... Shoot... Windows rt has to be the most stable windows ever for the most part... The dell has quirks... Small... Driver issues... But is solid. I just sold my dell xps 13... The dell vp8 is my only portable... Other than 1520 ... Still debating on surface pro 3... When I work... I need my desktops... When portable... The dell venue is awesome... I use the Microsoft wedge keyboard and mouse with it..otg cable, usb memory card reader, micro sd, and a flash drive or two come for the ride most of the time... I try to install executables on the sd card... Store apps on the device... I used to force them to the card too. The dell follio case is nice... The pen sucks...

There 😊
    Darth Lumia likes this.
    10-02-2014 10:01 PM
    Surface 2. As good as DVP8, its screen is too small to do any real word processing on.. Surface 2 ftw. Bigger 10.6" 1080P screen. Full USB 3.0 port. Two step kick stand, micro SD expandable.
    The surface 2 is extremely awesome and misunderstood... Should be what most people need and more... Safe and secure... Stable... Had 3 of them.

If I had not had to be realistic with my work habits and be totally committed to small light items, I would have kept it... The dell won for size and it replaced the laptop.. Foe the rare time i needed the execution of an non store app... Not mater the portable device... I always vpn home, remote desktop, and use the power of the desktop and one drive... So the work I do mobile is Limited... I am either work or home... Power in both places... When I am actually away, the xps 13 was great... The 8" tablet is the perfect tablet that can work size...

The surface is the computer that can be a tablet... Pro or rt... I am still debating on the pro 3... Will inuse it.. Or will it just sit... I hate to take it with me and force the use...
    Tjarren likes this.
    10-02-2014 10:09 PM