unable to reset venue 8 pro only refresh

John Gavin2

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have attempted to reset this tablet and delete all personal data for resale. even reinstall the os option boots back with all my personal infom apps and account info still intact. Dell tech support says the os is corrupt somehow and wants me to pack it up and ship it back to the factory. This is not an option for me as I already have a buyer lined up. Google searches return no similar problems with other users. I have a usb recovery key sent from dell, but resetting with this still does not completly wipe the slate and all personal data returns. Does anyone have any ideas? im thinking of completly wiping ALL partitions and attempting an os reinstall with the usb key dell sent. however, i dont know if the key will have all os files needed to boot a completly new windows instalation. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but Dell tech support gave you the correct advice, regardless of whether or not it is convenient. Keep in mind also that forcing an OS fix so you can sell it means it is quite possible that you are dumping a defective tablet on another person.

John Gavin2

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. however.. I would never sell a defective tablet to anyone. My issue seems software related and my question was about the software alone. If the software was fixed, it would no longer be a defective tablet. that being said.. buying anything from dell has been a total nightmare that I wont get in to here. The total incompetence of their customer service department has me scratching my head in disbelief. I am worried I will never see this tablet again if I send it back to them and no matter how loud I get, I will just spend many more countless hours on hold waiting for the next rep to transfer me to the next rep. So no I wont follow their advice. I came to this forum to see if there was an alternative. but if there is none and I cant delete my own personal data. I wont sell it.. just smash it in a million pieces and join the millions of others who will never deal with them again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6