So tablet was bought around month ago. Its been fully charged and only used for skype talks. The person which fully charged it yesterday today says its only have 6% battery life while we were talking for around 1,5h total, not any internet browsing or watching movies later. I mean WTH???? In reviews they sayd it lasts 7h netflix movies watching in hd and cant handle 1h skype talks, wth is going on?
    11-13-2014 03:45 PM
    Does you venue pro 8 have current updates from microsoft or dell?
    11-13-2014 10:12 PM
    Skype is constant internet.... lol. But yeah... that does sound bad.
    11-13-2014 10:59 PM
    Does updates download automaticly? I downloaded some bios from dell website back when i bought it. Since then i have hold power button for like 10 sec to turn ot off...
    11-15-2014 09:08 AM
    Ever think its possible your device could be defective?

or perhaps its busy working on many things for whatever reason. Updates are done automatically, but they can be done manually sooner. And why do you have to hold the power button? Can you not use the normal power button?

I suspect a defective unit either way.
    LockOnTech likes this.
    11-15-2014 11:25 AM
    piece of crap, thats the reason. Battery is making tablet warm and wears off after few mins of skype talk.

Its probably a wi fi thats eats battery, because tablet is turn on for most of a day, but at sleep mode with wi fi connected all the time, it doesnt change a fact that battery performance on it its horrible, when u cant effectivly use it for atleats 6-8 hours. Person which fully charged device yesterday used it for 2h internet browsing and 1h skype talk + around 20hours at sleep mode and battery drained to 6%, its pathetic.
    Last edited by Gaziki; 11-16-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    11-16-2014 04:22 PM
    These things are always so tough to troubleshoot. Like the others have said, I'd make sure all my Windows patches are installed, and all the Dell drivers are up to date. Next I'd open Task Manager and look in the Startup tab. I'd make sure everything was set to "disabled," then reboot. You can also go out to a Command Prompt or PowerShell and run powercfg /batteryreport That will generate an HTML report on what has been using the battery. It might not help, but it's worth a try.

tk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-16-2014 07:52 PM
    I dont have a tablet right now, person which have it says there is not battery life icon when u are at "start" menus. How to enable it? Or check it?
    11-17-2014 02:42 PM
    5 hours is fine for 2h yt/twitch watching and 1 hour movie watch + 1 hour regular browsing? I read it should last 7 hours
    11-28-2014 01:02 PM
    5 hours is fine for 2h yt/twitch watching and 1 hour movie watch + 1 hour regular browsing? I read it should last 7 hours
    Actual usage may vary respectfully.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 03:09 PM
    I dont get it. Just watched a video where iphone 6 lasts 7 hours straight away yt watching, read that my tablet suppose to run 8 hours netfix marathon, but mine still dies around 5 hours of web browsing and video watching. Return it? Someone have this tablet and can confirm working hours?
    02-09-2015 01:54 PM
    I've used Skype for over 2 hours on the Venue 8 Pro and barely knocked 15-20% off the battery. This is an almost impossible question to answer. There are SO many variables we don't know. What else is running in the background, what other apps do you have updating constantly, how many live tiles, what are your Skype settings, is Skype constantly adjusting your camera for automatic light compensation, etc etc etc. And even then, you could simply have a defective model. I had to send my DV8Pro to Dell to have it repaired after finding several hardware issues with the screen, WiFi and driver problems. It was one of the earliest models. Maybe you should see if you can still get a free warranty repair. They even paid for the pickup, delivery, and return via UPS.
    02-16-2015 08:04 PM
    since last bios update it east 10% battery during 2 hours sleep time.... . No comment. Why did I even bought those toys called tablet... .
    03-05-2015 12:02 PM
    Have you disabled automatic windows update? That can run in the background which eats up battery.
    03-08-2015 04:03 PM