wifi wpa problem

srinath prathi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I got my dvp 8 recently. I got it when I was in college and I was happily accessing the college wifi with no trouble. When I went home to connect it with my router. It was saying limited connectivity then I switched on my hotspot in Lumia 720 and tried to connect, again same problem. I searched in lot of forums and got to know that windows stopped supporting wpa encryption and later I realized windows phone uses wpa as the only encryption for internet sharing ! I contacted dell support and they tried lot of stuff. I am able to connect anything which is open but not to anything that is secured. I guess every router has by default wpa encryption . Now I am in trouble !! How should I share my mobile data with my dvp ? My dvp is wifi only and the place I live there are no public wifi hotspots (India) . Any suggestions ?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Err, first of all it would be absurd if windows stopped supporting WPA encryption lol.

Secondly can you connect using a static IP on your tablet?

srinath prathi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I think it is not spa encryption problem. It is of particular band which it is not supporting because I couldn't connect with my home router but I am able to connect to hotel router . Dell agreed to replace my WiFi card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786