Windows Technical Preview [DV8P]

vipe123

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Installed it this afternoon. Took about 30 minutes, everything worked out of the box. I did an install from the 32 iso that I mounted from within the existing Windows 8.1. I posted these up somewhere else, but here they are again..

1. Download all drivers from Dell

2. Update the Bios

3. Copy the x86 version of Windows 10 and all the drivers to an SD card

4. Mount the iso

5. Run setup

6. When it gets to the part where it asks if you'd like to keep settings, files etc., I chose no (new install)

7. Let it run

I had no issues with Wifi, touch screen etc. Everything seems to work

Update: Skype is causing a reset (Blue Screen) when accessing the camera.

Last edited:

bigeduck

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I updated my current installation and havent really had any issues other than I miss the metro version of internet explorer. That, and while it works, still not quite ready for tablets yet. Just some minor fit and finish issues that have me thinking about rolling back to windows 8.1.

OmegaX3

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm running 8.1 on my DVP8 and when I tried to make a skype call the other day got the blue screen, tried a few more times with same results.
So not an issue with W10.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Update: Skype is causing a reset (Blue Screen) when accessing the camera.
I remember blocking a newer camera driver from Microsoft update which completely disabled the camera. I had to revert back to the older camera drivers for the camera to start working again. This could be that driver?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does this have a compressed OS ?? as mine does so i think i cant install yet, but id like to
What do you mean by compressed OS? If you're talking about WIMBoot then no, Windows 10 does not support it, yet. If you mean your Venue 8 Pro has a compressed OS then no, it does not, at least not from the factory

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12