Greetings.

My friends birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and he really needs a good microphone for recording music vocals. His primary computer is his DV8P, and its internal mic is not well-suited to the task. I was thinking about buying a mic with a 3.5mm connector, but have read that most mics will only work with a line in or mic in port, and may not work with the 'combo' port that is on the DV8P.

Given that, what sort of adapter do I need to get to hook up a microphone successfully?

If that is not possible, is it possible to find a bluetooth microphone of sufficient quality?

Thanks!
    01-28-2015 03:38 AM
    Not sure what your price bracket is but here's a couple of suggestions.

I found this on Amazon, which is cheap but apparently good - Amazon.com: eForCity Mini Microphone Recorder Compatible With iPad Mini 3 / iPad Air 2 / Dell Venue 7 / Venue 8 / Venue 8 Pro, Black: Electronics

However, there are USB microphones and all you would need to do is get a micro USB to USB adapter. USB microphones range in price from cheap up to professional products.
    SweetBearCub likes this.
    01-28-2015 05:01 AM
    Thanks! I'll try the cheapie, the reviews are good.

He may look a bit off holding the tablet and singing to it, but hey, what goes on behind closed doors...

All the better if it works with our new phones, the $100 5.7" ZTE Zmax's from MetroPCS.
    01-28-2015 05:16 AM