Does anyone know if Dell provides a downloadable Windows 8.1 image for the Venue 8 Pro to get back from the 10 tech preview? If not, can anyone think of where I could get one? I was convinced I had upgraded and it looks like I may have installed it fresh.
    Thanks!
    03-03-2015 11:21 AM
    I can provide a recovery, I don't think Dell has one readily available.

Eh, I'll just unleash the link for anyone who needs it.

https://copy.com/9g2vAFvG9m6T
    It is a zip file containing the contents of the recovery drive, as if you moved it off the tablet using the normal procedure.
    Its from my Venue, which is in the US.
    Laura Knotek and tpapictures like this.
    03-03-2015 11:15 PM
    I can provide a recovery, I don't think Dell has one readily available.
    Its from my Venue, which is in the US.
    Thank you xandros!! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to install that. Can you help me out? Also, this is a French tablet. Any idea how I'd get it to boot for the first time in French so that I can sell it here?
    03-04-2015 02:26 AM
    Thank you xandros!! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to install that. Can you help me out? Also, this is a French tablet. Any idea how I'd get it to boot for the first time in French so that I can sell it here?
    You extract the zip file to the root of a flash drive or microSD card (heavily recommended) and plug it into the tablet.
    Then, you can use Windows' Advanced Startup option in PC Settings or otherwise get into recovery to reset/refresh using the card. (I think there's instructions out there)

As for booting into French, I'm not sure.
    03-04-2015 08:39 AM
    You extract the zip file...
    Thank you. I assume not the folder that comes from the ZIP but its contents (boot, efi, sources, etc). I suppose getting it on there in English is good enough. In fact, if I go through the setup process and download French, make it the default and then reset, it may go back to the inital boot in French. Maybe?
    03-04-2015 08:59 AM
    get into recovery to reset/refresh using the card....
    I can get into recovery no problem via the control panel but at no point does it ask me to point towards the microSD as the source of the recovery.
    03-04-2015 09:18 AM
    It doesn't ask, it just checks any local disk for the files necessary.

Yup, copy the boot, efi... etc to the root of a microUSB, since it asks that the tablet be plugged in for the procedure.

Also, I think you can set it up initially (with a local account), get it all updated and good to go, set French and use the command, which currently escapes me, to reenable that first use setup thing.
    03-04-2015 03:11 PM
    Yup, copy the boot, efi... etc to the root of a microUSB, since it asks that the tablet be plugged in for the procedure...
    It's bizarre, it just reboots and goes back to the desktop. Maybe Win10 doesn't know how to recognise the microSD slot?

EDIT: Also, it tells me I'm not signed in as administrator but I don't see anywhere in Win10 to select administrator in Accounts.
    Last edited by tpapictures; 03-04-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    03-04-2015 03:17 PM
    I had to go into administrator mode and then got into recovery. However, it refuses to run the recovery off the microSD card or via a USB flash drive, any ideas?
    Last edited by tpapictures; 03-04-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    03-04-2015 04:54 PM