Anyone had success with Win10 on the Dell Venue 8 Pro?

jainer123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I had was resetting my tablet; i got the bootloop and had to USB install.

if you're having issues, also try reddit.com/r/venue8pro, its a great community.

Edit: just as i thought mine was going well. :(

Last edited:

jainer123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Pankaj - Where do i get the xandros9 recovery? or would you be able to post yours?

also, i'm using the mediacreationtool.exe from the MS support site, but enterprise eval isn't on there. or is it the N?

jainer123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks tpapictures! so did you follow pankaj's directions and install an 8.1 enterprise eval clean first? I had originally been trying to do it through booting, but it doesn't boot; just runs into the win10 advanced options.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
thanks tpapictures! so did you follow pankaj's directions and install an 8.1 enterprise eval clean first? I had originally been trying to do it through booting, but it doesn't boot; just runs into the win10 advanced options.
That's what it'll do, there is no way you can recover from an 8.1 recovery from within Windows 10. You'll need a bootable disk in order to start the installation.

ArthurB

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
ipacman1:
"The only issue I am running into is not being able to kill the login password prompt. I set it to not require after sleep. I used netplwiz and also changed the prompt signin timeout to Never. My Dell 3147 is set to never ask for the password. It works, but not the DV8P. Maybe, there is a setting I overlooked."

Same problem here, despite setting all the relevant options appropriately. And we don't seem to be the only ones. Thinking of contacting Dell.
My Surface Pro 2 doesn't have the problem.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have one big recurring issue and it happens non-stop since I installed Win10. If I boot the tablet everything is fine with WiFi. But the moment it goes back into sleep mode or I just let it go black and leave it for a while, when I log back into it, the WiFi has disappeared. Not even, not working. Just completely non-existent WiFi options.

colega55

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi there.. I am having the am issue after upgrading to Windows10 and it is really causing me problems. I have to restart it every time this happens. Can you help me? How can I get the bios update??? Please. Thanks!

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
ipacman1:

"The only issue I am running into is not being able to kill the login password prompt. I set it to not require after sleep. I used netplwiz and also changed the prompt signin timeout to Never. My Dell 3147 is set to never ask for the password. It works, but not the DV8P. Maybe, there is a setting I overlooked."

Same problem here, despite setting all the relevant options appropriately. And we don't seem to be the only ones. Thinking of contacting Dell.

My Surface Pro 2 doesn't have the problem.

I have this problem on my Nextbook.

Rep1978

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else missing the abillity to hibernate on the Venue 8 Pro after upgrading to Windows 10? I've done everything i can thing of, no hibernate.

TortugaOnline

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I eventually bricked my Dell Venue 8 Pro. A month ago I managed to upgrade it to Windows 10. Now I wanted to reset the system without keeping any documents or apps (I didn't have the option to go back to W 8.1). It got stuck in the process and Windows wouldn't boot anymore. I tried to find solution on the web as I still could get into the Windows rescue mode but could not repair anything.
Finally I formated the HD which was a pretty bad idea. Trying to contact Dell support now...

So, if you managed to upgrade and want to reset the system or refresh it, it might not be such a good idea.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Still having this WiFi button disappearing issue causing me to have to reboot. Also strange black screen problems that I'm unable to wake the tablet up from even though all I did was turn the screen off. I go back 30 minutes or more later and though it's fully charged, it just won't wake back up. End up having to hold power down for more than 10 seconds to get the tablet to reboot.

Fallouter

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Still having this WiFi button disappearing issue causing me to have to reboot. Also strange black screen problems that I'm unable to wake the tablet up from even though all I did was turn the screen off. I go back 30 minutes or more later and though it's fully charged, it just won't wake back up. End up having to hold power down for more than 10 seconds to get the tablet to reboot.

Yeah! I have exacly the same problem about waking up. I think that one of the windows update could start making this problem.
Tell me, does this problem when you updated or after some time?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! I have exacly the same problem about waking up. I think that one of the windows update could start making this problem.
Tell me, does this problem when you updated or after some time?
To be honest, it's been happening ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and the WiFi issue was happening on Windows 8. Had to get Dell to repair it once.

Velino_70

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
This is absolutely shocking (well, to me, anyway), putting everything back to my original language and region settings (French keyboard, French language, French display, French etc etc etc) I reapplied the exact same product key and it activated in a few short moments.
I had been starting to try this long method but for some reason I feel like activating with the xandros image that came from the same tablet, just a different country, is more "accurate".

Hello,
I am having the very same problem.

I upgraded to Windows 10 but subsequently to various compatibility problems I decided to revert to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately Windows 10 had deleted my recovery partition... so I restored to factory settings using the Xandros recovery partition.

The problem is that now Windows 8 does not activate complaining about wrong product key. I have evidence that Window reads the product key from the BIOS since the last digit are printed in the message. I suspect a mismatch between device origin (Germany) and Xandros recovery image (US?).

So the solution would be to configure Windows 8 according to original local settings (in this case Germany)? In this case it would be very useful for me if you could tell me exactly which settings to change and how to activate (Windows 8 should read the product key hardcode in the BIOS I suppose).

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Bye

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So the solution would be to configure Windows 8 according to original local settings (in this case Germany)? In this case it would be very useful for me if you could tell me exactly which settings to change and how to activate (Windows 8 should read the product key hardcode in the BIOS I suppose).
Just change EVERYTHING you can to German.

Velino_70

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I tried all the possible options to activate Windows 8 with no success at all... in the end I reverted to fresh install of Windows 10 and by chance I solved the compatibility issue (mobile broadband 5570e not working - solved installing twice the DELL driver :straight: )

Now I am very happy with Windows 10 working like a charm, but what a mess this upgrade!

Bye

WINO0314

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same problem but folks I have talked to said if you upgraded to win 10 the key you have is no good for 8.1. My bios key no longer worked and I required a fresh copy of 8.1 with a new key. All works as advertised now. Windows 10 on these tablets is not the best. My opinion and YMMV.

linux_shadow

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
i had the same problem of the system not coming back from sleep, was getting stuck at a blank screen. Installed the chipset drivers from Dell drivers download page and the problem was solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss