[Resolved] The wake from sleep bug on my Venue 8 has been squashed!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
For a very long time, I've not been able to enjoy my Dell Venue 8 Pro due to this annoying wake-from-sleep bug. For those that don't know, its the one where the screen sleeps and you press the button wake it and only get sort of a faint light but no desktop. the only way to get a desktop is to shut down and restart. Really annoying. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 but this bug would have carried on..and it did.

For months and I mean a lot of them, I looked hard to find a solution that didn't involve Craigslist but have been largely unsuccessful...until last night.

As it turns out, what my tablet needed was a bios update.

I clicked this link and allowed Dell to scan my tablet. It found two things that needed to update, one had to do with the system board and the other the bios. The weird thing is, I attempted this in the past I got a message telling me the update was too old so I did not do it. But this time I downloaded the bios update and allowed it to run. 10 minutes later, tablet was fixed. Did the force to get Windows 10 on and I have my Dell back.

Now I have to have a talk with the devs at Perfect Thumb. This is Vegas but its not been this warm here. Yikes. But I'm back
Screenshot (1).png