Venue 11 Pro with Slim Keyboard standby issues

johnj2803

May 16, 2014
Visit site
i just got my dell back and it works now. they changed the panel I think and some other stuff. they also updated softwares and firmwares.

it works a lot better now, tho i still get the double tap once in a while but not as often a before.

note taking with the dell pen is also a lot better after the repairs.

so i am happy again.

bytz530

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought a dell venue 11 pro (5130) tablet in 8/2014. I also bought the slim keyboard. I had two types of sleep issues and I have solved both. The first one was when I had a usb mouse plugged into the usb port the tablet would NEVER sleep. The solution was using a different usb mouse. Second I had, was the go to sleep but never wake up issue where you have to long press the power button to turn off the tablet and then repress the power button to boot. The solution I have found is go to control panel-->change view by, to small icons--> select Intel HD Graphics --> Select the Power Box --> Turn off Display Power Saving Technology. That seems to have fixed it for me and if you can't find intel hd graphics make sure you change the view on Control panel from categories to icons. When I have Control Panel set to Categories I can't find Intel HD Graphics either. I hope this helps everyone with an Dell Venue 11 pro 5130 tablet. Please post if this solution works for you.

bytz530

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My previous post only worked for 1 day then it seems the sleep issue is back I don't know what I did different for one day. Bummer.

bytz530

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have contacted Dell, and no solution has worked for me. I did find this -- Leave the tablet in desktop mode when your done using it and it will wake from sleep fine. Just touch the slim keyboard mousepad and it wakes right up. This has been working for me for almost a week. I hope this can help others that have the venue pro 11 and the slim keyboard.

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted Dell, and no solution has worked for me. I did find this -- Leave the tablet in desktop mode when your done using it and it will wake from sleep fine. Just touch the slim keyboard mousepad and it wakes right up. This has been working for me for almost a week. I hope this can help others that have the venue pro 11 and the slim keyboard.

What do you mean "desktop" mode?

bytz530

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What I mean is leave the tablet not in "Metro" Tiles Mode, Leave it in the mode that resembles the computer "desktop" with clock in lower right corner. Also my previous post about Intel HD Graphics Power Saving Technology still applies as it must be disabled. If enabled the tablet will not sleep even in the computer "desktop" mode. With Intel HD Graphics Power Saving Technology disabled and the tablet in the computer "desktop" mode it will wake from sleep just fine.

bytz530

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The only other thing I did that might have an effect is I set my resolution to 1600x900. I think for some reason that this has an effect on the sleep issue.

martinbogo

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED : here is what you have to do, and why...

You MUST install the most currently BIOS ( A16 ), via Dell Command Update or manually.

The sleep button function is controlled by the Dell Video driver ( not intuitive, but this is the case ). Download the current update for the driver from Dell -- current version is 10.18.15.4281, published 8/31/2015

Now -- go into your BIOS and DISABLE C-states. You must do this, as the C-State control for sleep has issues on this particular chipset and CPU. Your battery life will not suffer, if you use the "Balanced" or "Dell" power plans in windows 8.1 or 10.

That's it. Your sleep button should now work correctly. As a bonus, in your power management settings, you can now set your "sleep/hibernate" preferences for when you push the button, or when you close your media/slim keyboard covers.

Enjoy

pinocchio_dd

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
hello, I tried to follow your guide but my slim keyboard does not work, I have a venue PRO11 7130/39 Italy, the keyboard the code is as follows K11A001, there is a way to see if the keyboard is slim ok, the keyboard is new newly purchased on amazon uk, thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire