Dell Venue 11 pro (5130)

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Could be but they don't say what processor or RAM size is installed. It's the older 5130 not the 7130 too.

Saying that, I somewhat regret buying my i3 128gb 7130 or ?215 last year as I was expecting a surface style build quality. Mine has been far from it.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
In fact after having a look at the supplier I use you can now get a 7130 I5 for about ?150. The ebay one is very expensive. Not sure If I can provide a link in the forum but it's mcs technology who I use.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Could be but they don't say what processor or RAM size is installed. It's the older 5130 not the 7130 too.

Saying that, I somewhat regret buying my i3 128gb 7130 or ?215 last year as I was expecting a surface style build quality. Mine has been far from it.

Is it just the build quality that you regret buying it?

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
In fact after having a look at the supplier I use you can now get a 7130 I5 for about ?150. The ebay one is very expensive. Not sure If I can provide a link in the forum but it's mcs technology who I use.

Just had a quick look, they are cheaper but used.

What condition would they be in?

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The first one I received had a fault in the TPM chip, they sent out a replacement next day. Both of them I received appeared to be brand new. No marks dents or anything.

I was used to the Surface RT, and went to the Dell unit expecting a similar experience. My complaints are mainly around the key board I purchased off ebay. it has to be just right or it doesn't work, thinking it's folded over. I also don't use it too much tending to use my 8" Linx more at home, it's lighter and thinner. (The dell is significantly quicker and has a much better screen!)
It does do the trip to work and back but the keyboard, for some reason, keeps bringing it in and out of standby so it needs charging when I get to the other end of my journey.
Also the screen protectors never seem to sit correctly at the edges, I've tried cheap and expensive ones but they are all the same.
My dissatisfaction .with it is mainly down to lack of use due to other devices that suit my particular needs.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it just the build quality that you regret buying it?
BTW my build quality issue is perception. I don't know if you've held or played with a surface but they feel solid. the dell has a removable back and is upgradeable/repairable and that was a selling point for me. It's a well made bit of kit, and to give an impression it's not isn't right.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The first one I received had a fault in the TPM chip, they sent out a replacement next day. Both of them I received appeared to be brand new. No marks dents or anything.

I was used to the Surface RT, and went to the Dell unit expecting a similar experience. My complaints are mainly around the key board I purchased off ebay. it has to be just right or it doesn't work, thinking it's folded over. I also don't use it too much tending to use my 8" Linx more at home, it's lighter and thinner. (The dell is significantly quicker and has a much better screen!)
It does do the trip to work and back but the keyboard, for some reason, keeps bringing it in and out of standby so it needs charging when I get to the other end of my journey.
Also the screen protectors never seem to sit correctly at the edges, I've tried cheap and expensive ones but they are all the same.
My dissatisfaction .with it is mainly down to lack of use due to other devices that suit my particular needs.

So its pot luck if you get one with no marks/dents.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The build quality of the Dell tablet is fine, though it is lower than Surface products.

However, it is one of the few tablets in the market with removable batteries. This is a very important feature that people overlook. Batteries wear out over time; and it will not charge anymore after some time. With removable batteries, you can keep the tablet longer than the life of the battery.

And after reading so many threads on the Surface forum on how hard it is to service the tablets and that the MS service is not the best in the industry, I did now want to go for the Surface products.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had my tablet for nearly 1.5 years (7139) and it has held up well. The glass needs a protector though as it does not appear to have any serious protection. Build quality is what I would expect for a Dell Business product. Their support is AMAZING and when my tablet died, they fixed it asap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss