Stopping Automatic Updates

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
How do I stop the Venue pro 11 updating itself, every time a update happens I get problems so I roll it back, but there must be a way of stopping updates automatically installing.

Sanchit Raut

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You can temporary stop update by cmd(admin) type "net stop wuauserv" sometimes wont stop so run this command again until it stops.you will get a message Windows update stopped succesfuLly

To disable Permanent
Press windows + r(run)
Type "services.msc"
Search and select windows update from the list
Right click > Properties > Startup Type - DISABLE
APPLY & OK

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You can temporary stop update by cmd(admin) type "net stop wuauserv" sometimes wont stop so run this command again until it stops.you will get a message Windows update stopped succesfuLly

To disable Permanent
Press windows + r(run)
Type "services.msc"
Search and select windows update from the list
Right click > Properties > Startup Type - DISABLE
APPLY & OK

That doesnt work, just keep getting a error message.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
How do I do that?

Settings > network & internet > wifi > manage known networks > select your network, then properties > metered connection should be 3rd option. Or much easier is to select the connection from the wifi icon in the taskbar and select properties to get to the same location.

Sanchit Raut

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Opps!!
I hope this work....
1. Press Win + R. type "gpedit.msc"
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
3. Then select "Configure Automatic Updates" and double click it
4. Set it to enabled and then in options configuring automatic updating select "Notify for download and notify for install "

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Settings > network & internet > wifi > manage known networks > select your network, then properties > metered connection should be 3rd option. Or much easier is to select the connection from the wifi icon in the taskbar and select properties to get to the same location.

Thanks that worked.

silversid2

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Opps!!
I hope this work....
1. Press Win + R. type "gpedit.msc"
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
3. Then select "Configure Automatic Updates" and double click it
4. Set it to enabled and then in options configuring automatic updating select "Notify for download and notify for install "

Still getting error message, saying "windows cannot find gpedit.msc"

Sanchit Raut

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Seems you are using home version which doesn't support gpedit.msc (only pro & enterprise vesion are supported)

Last Options: Install this as per your preferences

1. Notify before Downloading and Installing Updates : https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...before_downloading_and_installing_updates.reg

2. Never Notify OR Check for updates : http://www.tenforums.com/attachment...ws-10-a-never_notify_or_check_for_updates.reg

3. Enable Automatic Updates : http://www.tenforums.com/attachment...ble-windows-10-a-enable_automatic_updates.reg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster