Freesing Fix with SD Card

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Freezing Fix with SD Card

Ok.
a few people have told me that they have swappe out thier SD card with a new one and all the freezing has stopped ..
if anyone have the link to how to do this and what brand micro SD Card they are using
Please let me know
Mark

Ericnyc646

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I updated my phone to the sandisk 32 g micro sd and its been working fine. No problems whatsoever! Fingercrossed now that I voided my warranty.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have upated my phone with a 16 gig SD type 2 card from sandisk and I can now enjoy my phone !! no more lockups or freezes .. I can now wireless sync. so when I wake up in the morning my phone is no longer fozen !! I have yet to power on or off the phoen since the new card has been installed..
Dell really needs to send everyone that has a dell venue pro a new SD Card ...
waiting for the first release of the phone is nuts ...

TeamKillerJKFFL

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What class of card is the stock card? Curious if it's higher and those of you who have replaced them notice any performance issues. Also wondering if there is a chance any OTA updates could render the phones non-functional if MS wishes it on you.

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
What class of card is the stock card? Curious if it's higher and those of you who have replaced them notice any performance issues. Also wondering if there is a chance any OTA updates could render the phones non-functional if MS wishes it on you.

Looks like the stock is a class 4 (at least, the 16 GB is a Class 4).

I had posted some time ago I had RMA'd mine, but rethought it based on some of the successes people were having with replacement units, called Dell back and got them to switch it from a return to a replacement. So I got a second replacement unit, and (surprise) same issues with WiFi lockups were immediately present.

I decided to hell with it, and replaced the SD with a Class 2 32GB SanDisk card, and have had zero lockups since, with WiFi always enabled. Phone works great so far.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I think its a class 4 card as well, I installed the Class 2 card and do not see any performance issues other than the phone never, and again I will repeat NEVER locks up anymore ...

I can finnally enjoy the Dell Venue Pro...

Really Dell needs to send everyone a replacement card..

TeamKillerJKFFL

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed Class 4 SanDisk 16gb. I actually decided to replace mine with the same brand, class and capacity MicroSD and I haven't had any issues in two days. Yesterday I was plugged into my PC USB with WiFi during a conference for 4 hours and scrolling around the Marketplace app. I also cycled WiFi on and off a couple of times while on the voice. It hasn't locked up or misbehaved once. How about that? I sure hope this behavior continues.

Probably not going to happen but I think Dell should make an exception with the warranty on these phones. Maybe wait for firmware update/patch and send fresh, uncorrupted microSD cards with new void protection stickers and instructions for those with issues.

I'm enjoying using it again. Really like it. YMMV

Last edited:

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So you put in a class 4 card ? with no crashes !! wow that is pritty good
the best test is to download games over your wifi or do the wireless sync at night
that always crashed on me until I replaced the card..

Confirmed Class 4 SanDisk 16gb. I actually decided to replace mine with the same brand, class and capacity MicroSD and I haven't had any issues in two days. Yesterday I was plugged into my PC USB with WiFi during a conference for 4 hours and scrolling around the Marketplace app. I also cycled WiFi on and off a couple of times while on the voice. It hasn't locked up or misbehaved once. How about that? I sure hope this behavior continues.

Probably not going to happen but I think Dell should make an exception with the warranty on these phones. Maybe wait for firmware update/patch and send fresh, uncorrupted microSD cards with new void protection stickers and instructions for those with issues.

I'm enjoying using it again. Really like it. YMMV

TeamKillerJKFFL

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So you put in a class 4 card ? with no crashes !! wow that is pritty good
the best test is to download games over your wifi or do the wireless sync at night
that always crashed on me until I replaced the card..

Good idea. I've done both several times now with and without cellular data connection..... while on a conference call.

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have just left wifi on all the time now with no ill effects so far. I'd probably disable it if there were a more convenient way to change network settings (a la Android's widget for radio controls). I do notice the phone finding wireless networks while I am driving around with the phone in my car mount.

I haven't tried wireless sync yet - I guess that will be the next great adventure!

TheVakman

Jan 27, 2011
gadgico.com
I really hope that when this device comes to Rogers that it doesn't have all these problems. Hopefully that rumoured March date holds.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I really hope that when this device comes to Rogers that it doesn't have all these problems. Hopefully that rumoured March date holds.

The problem was the SD Card, after replacing I have still not rebooted or had my phone freeze..
The OS is Top Notch..

My only 2 complaints about the Dell Venue Pro is
1 it is soo heavy !
2 I have had the phone for almost 3 months now and I never and I mean never use the keyboard, the only time I slide the phone up is to unlock the screen because the power button is not so easy to press..
other than that I use the soft keys all the time..
I wish the dell Venue came with WP7!!!
Hoping

Ericnyc646

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The problem was the SD Card, after replacing I have still not rebooted or had my phone freeze..
The OS is Top Notch..

My only 2 complaints about the Dell Venue Pro is
1 it is soo heavy !
2 I have had the phone for almost 3 months now and I never and I mean never use the keyboard, the only time I slide the phone up is to unlock the screen because the power button is not so easy to press..
other than that I use the soft keys all the time..
I wish the dell Venue came with WP7!!!
Hoping

I use the keyboard daily. I just like the feel of pushing a button and find I am much faster at typing when I use the keyboard versus the onscreen keyboard. I text alot and I also respond to emails this way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre