phone does not turn on

jiggawho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
hello all,

i have been having this problem for a long time. I will describe the problem. Whenever the battery is totally used, my phone cannot charge nor turn on. I had this happen few months ago, went back to the store and got an exchange but it happened again last night.
Anyone know a solution for this problem?

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This is a bug with dell phones. The solution is to plug the phone into the computer and charge it via USB rather than out of a charger.

jiggawho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
i did plug it into a pc and yet, i don't see any indication that the phone is charging nor able to turn on . this is pissing me off

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
how long has it been plugged into the pc?

Some phones need a little while (assuming they're dead as a brick dead) before they have enough power to be "safe" to operate.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not a faulty battery or anything like that.

All Dell devices, when the battery completely dies, ONLY a Dell charger will charge it from 0%.

You cannot use any ol micro USB AC adapter or plug it into your computer. It requires a Dell AC adapter to charge it from 0%.

I've seen this on both the Dell Venue Pro and the Dell Streak(android phone).. plain and simple.. use the AC wall adapter to charge it and it'll turn on.

When the battery has some charge left, you can use any micro USB adapter or usb plug into your computer.. this is specific to when the battery reach 0%, only a Dell adapter will charge it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon