awesome phone

colonel

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
just come from iphone and HTC sensation
both excellent but I wanted to go back to windows phone (had a HTC HD7 before) but with a keyboard

I must say this is the best phone I have ever had
The construction is beautiful, the keyboard is the best I have ever used (=BB), its lighteningly quick, the IE browser is better then webkit (I can enter some forms in ebay and on forums that I could never do on iphone), the screen is super sharp and marketplace is full enough for me (flight control & angry birds :) ).

I really hope that Dell brings out a non-keyboard version (as this is more popular) and markets these hard to service providers come mango.
Dell showed it could make great handheld hardware with the old Axim range, and now the venue pro.
I really hope Dell make a success of their smartphone business, they really deserve to!

I strongly recommend these phones to people that want a beautiful phone with keyboard. Especially as Dell is occasionally doing various forms of discounts on these now.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really like the look of this phone. I wasn't looking for a keyboard so that prevented me from picking up the phone. Like you said I hope Dell releases a no KB version.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i love this phone, was looking for something to replace my android Moto Milestone which is nearly two years old. Nothing jumped out at me to upgrade it, saw the Pre 3 and bought it, loved it and the keyboard, heard of HP's news and now selling it. Ended up getting the phone i was looking at in February for ?280 brand new :D
Love the Dell Venue Pro :D :D :D :D

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you like it!
I ordered mine yesterday 9/1/2011 and I am anxiously waiting. I bought the dell venue android version, the phone was real nice with a nice screen and everything... but boy I hated the operating system. Too buggy, laggy, and the battery lasted only a couple hours. Dell was nice enough to take it back with no-restocking fee because I told them I was going to order the dell venue pro right when we hung up and the lady even told me that's a better choice.

I'd like to hear a follow-up on how you like it... If there's been any crashes or glitches...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear you like it!
I ordered mine yesterday 9/1/2011 and I am anxiously waiting. I bought the dell venue android version, the phone was real nice with a nice screen and everything... but boy I hated the operating system. Too buggy, laggy, and the battery lasted only a couple hours. Dell was nice enough to take it back with no-restocking fee because I told them I was going to order the dell venue pro right when we hung up and the lady even told me that's a better choice.

I'd like to hear a follow-up on how you like it... If there's been any crashes or glitches...

No device is absolutely perfect, but my device has had no crashes since the firmware upgrade. My longest running time is 17 days and the only reason I have to reboot the phone is because PES 2011 frequently refuses to launch and only a reboot will fix it. From the MP reviews it seems others have the same problem so its not the device.

It can safely be used as a showcase of how stable, fast and fluid WP7 is and from reports Mango makes it fly. If you like the hardware you will really like the phone's unique design and build quality.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got my venue pro yesterday, 9/6... And I love it so far. No problems at all (knock on wood). It came up-to-date from Dell with no updates to install. It's very easy to use and it's plain and simple. I was able to transfer all my itunes music into the zune player and it all synced on my phone.

Oh yeah, what I love so far about WP7 is wireless syncing :)

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Sep 7, 2011
www.wirescomputing.com
What version did you order? I order my unactivated AT&T 8GB model and its been delayed twice already, and no one at dell is helpful, they just try to get me off the phone and dont have any actual reason besides saying its delayed, and then in one spot it says "in production" and in another spot it says "in pre production" I ordered it on 8/28 with next day delivery?! and now its saying shipping date for the phone is 9/21 when you try to make a new order, so I'm wondering how I could even have mine before that even though it says delivery date: 9/13 (updated)

I also kept asking them if maybe the delay was from a mango software update but the non english speaking reps didnt even know what that was and had no idea. Did your come with the newest WP7 update?

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on 09/01/2011 and this is what I got:
Dell Venue Pro? Smartphone UMTS Black 16GB [Included in Price]
3G-Optimized for PCS networks (AT&T, etc)

The phone shipped with free next day delivery on 09/02/2011 but I did not receive it until 09/06 due to the holiday. It came with all the latest updates installed. Right when I got it, I plugged it in my pc to make sure it was up to date with all the problems I've been hearing about... Then I surfed around the forums and dell support to make sure it the latest updates were installed.

best of luck to you, hopefully yours will ship soon.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Sep 7, 2011
www.wirescomputing.com
That really annoys me, I ordered like 4 days before you and I havent even gotten it yet. the thing that confuses me though is that I orderd the ATT version but not activated, it should still be locked though, that shouldn't be any different (other then locking status) then what you got which it looks like the unlocked version with att 3g bands.

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
then what you got which it looks like the unlocked version with att 3g bands.

Yup, I got the unlocked version.
When I added it to the cart, it said estimated ship date was suppose to be 09/09/2011 but I never went by dells estimated ship date... When I ordered laptops/desktops it would always give some funky future date and they always shipped the next day.

Also, I just noticed that they no longer offer the phone for .99 cents with a 2 year contract.. Just an unlocked 16gig for $299.99.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Sep 7, 2011
www.wirescomputing.com
hmm I did just see that, thats strange. So I wonder if I might get an unlocked 16gb verison. b/c when i ordered I ordered the att locked 8gb model but when i called they said I had the unlocked one, which i just thought the person was telling me that because she didnt seem to know anything. I wouldn't mind 8 extra gb's though. Im not sure if I dare call and ask them what the change was for and if I'll get a 16gb unlocked one because everytime i call i always get frustrated not being able to understand them or actually get useful info out of them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro