How to Update to Mango?

tchaten

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got my DVP today off of eBay - still trying to get it unlocked to run on AT&T - I am wondering how I can verify I'm running Mango and if not how to update to it.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that handset, but somewhere within the settings there should be some basic info regarding the 'OS version'. If it's running Mango it'll be higher than 7.0.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If the rumours are true we could be getting Mango officially within the next 14 days. I would advise sitting tight and not have to worry about how you are going to revert back to a previous backup and lose all your data when the official update is here.

And BTW, I have the phone as well and it still works great on Nodo.

Camaro3

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
If you buy an unlocked phone for att, do you just add a new line to your account with a data plan and put in the sim card and you're good to go? Or are other steps involved? Thanks guys.

tchaten

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck updating - I've got the T-Mobile version - I'm on a Mac - I saw a post saying Mango was ready for the DVP - any luck doing so - what is the process - so far the WP7 Connector for Mac is not doing much for updating my device.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I only did the update from my desktop, but I imagine the process could be the same from the mac connector. Try turning airport off or whatever right after you check for the update and see if that "forces" it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If you buy an unlocked phone for att, do you just add a new line to your account with a data plan and put in the sim card and you're good to go? Or are other steps involved? Thanks guys.

You are best off calling them and getting a new line and SIM card through the mail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs