Hey everyone,

Have my DVP for about a week now and its simply amazing. However on 2 occasions I have found my phone off when I never turned it off and both times it required a battery pull to get it to come back. Have any of you guys seen or experienced anything like this? Should I be worried? Is it the beginning of a bigger problem?

The first time was when i took it out of its holster.

The second time was this morning. It was charging over night.

Your input it greatly appreciated.
    09-11-2011 04:14 PM
    Hey everyone,

Have my DVP for about a week now and its simply amazing. However on 2 occasions I have found my phone off when I never turned it off and both times it required a battery pull to get it to come back. Have any of you guys seen or experienced anything like this? Should I be worried? Is it the beginning of a bigger problem?

The first time was when i took it out of its holster.

The second time was this morning. It was charging over night.

Your input it greatly appreciated.
    did the power down happen when you flipped the keyboard open? or just when you tried to wake it up (by tapping the power/lock button)?
    09-11-2011 10:48 PM
    Just when I try to wake it up. It wouldn't turn back on no matter what.
    09-11-2011 11:18 PM
    Hmm... is it still under warranty?
    Dell is usually good on replacing defective items but the only down fall is trying to understand the people on the other end.

My wife has a dell venue android and it kept crashing/re-booting. I called tech support for her, they kindly over-nighted a new phone with no questions asked.

Maybe try doing a system restore and make sure the device is up to date.
    09-12-2011 09:05 AM
    Yes indeedy doodie it is still under warranty. Tomorrow will be 1 week that I own it.

I think I will give it one more time before I call up DELL. If i can avoid phone calls with them I will. One thing that I thought about today was maybe it could be my holster. The phone does feel a little warm when I take it out of my pocket. Perhaps it is shutting down because it is getting to hot?
    09-12-2011 04:57 PM
    I hope it's not getting too hot in a holster! I just put mine in a otter-box yesterday since it's the only case I could find. :/
    09-13-2011 08:28 AM
    Well my order is being delayed and one of the reps mentioned that they are applying firmware updates to fix rebooting issues and such so maybe you can send it in and get it updated or have them issue an OTA update possibly. Keep in mind this is a firmware update AFAIK and not mango
    09-13-2011 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD