Dell Venue Pro update question

Camaro3

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying this phone but the only thing that concerns me is the future updating. Since Dell CSR's can't give me any good answers I'm turning here. Question is, if
I buy this phone. Will I ALWAYS be able to update the OS when new OS are released? Why or why not? Would it make a difference if I bought it unlocked or on an AT&T plan? Thanks guys I appreciate it!

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased this phone about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. No problems or glitches at all. I decided to buy it unlocked so it didn't renew my contract and usually unlocked phones have a higher resale value. If you don't mind the 2 year commitment, I saw this phone on dells website for only .99 cents.

Locked Vs. Unlocked
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...s%26cs%3D19%26l%3Den%26s%3Ddhs&token=Eq4glF7G

I am also coming from an iPhone 3gs and so far I have no buyers remorse over the DVP. I originally ordered the Dell Venue android and within 2 days of use, it went straight back to dell and then I ordered the DVP. I did not like the android OS at all on a phone.

I am not sure about getting the mango update. I read on other posts is that if your phone comes directly from your carrier/service provider, they control the updates... But if your phone comes directly from the manufacturer such as dell, they control the updates. But I am not 100% certain about this.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you'll get updates to your phone up until microsoft decides to drop support for all "1st generation" WP7s.

they will always be supported , its nto a Android phone :p

MS has a no phone left behind thing going.... only thing is the win8 update might slow your phone down a little mroe then 2nd - 3rd gen phones...

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
they will always be supported , its nto a Android phone :p

MS has a no phone left behind thing going.... only thing is the win8 update might slow your phone down a little mroe then 2nd - 3rd gen phones...

Yup. This is my first Windows Phone, but I have been a Zune user from the very beginning (something that helped me adapt to WP like a duck to water) and they had the same philosophy. Every time Zune got updated they ALL got updated. regardless of age. Nice to see that ethos has carried over now that it has evolved into Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans