sms/im message threading...

MrKrishna

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been hanging on to webOS since launch, and my 3rd Pre just went kaput. So...I'm moving on.

Was tired of not having apps, so I went Android (Epic Touch 4G) but it's driving me bonkers; considering the DVP.

Does the messaging thread together messages for the same contact regardless of source? So if I'm chatting with someone over gChat and then sms, do all the messages show up together, or do i need to keep switching apps?

Thank you!

fernandez21

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried yet either, but i too just moved on from a pre and the dvp is a nice alternative, the keyboard is much better, the touchscreen keyboard is also great for when you need to type a quick message, and it now has a card view for multitasking. Only real quirk that i find annoying is that there is no quick type, so you can't just start typing on the keyboard to dial a contact or do a search, you have to hit the search button or get into contacts and hit search. Its only one or two extra steps, but is annoying after getting used to quick type on webos.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes no matter where the sourse is (SMS, Facebook etc) they are all shown in the same Thread with little text indicators saying 'Text' or 'Facebook' above speech bubbles. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Only real quirk that i find annoying is that there is no quick type, so you can't just start typing on the keyboard to dial a contact or do a search, you have to hit the search button or get into contacts and hit search. Its only one or two extra steps, but is annoying after getting used to quick type on webos.
You could always hold down your Home button and say, Call (Name of Contact) or 'Open People' fernandez21 :)

Click on the little question mark for all your available speech options.

Last edited:

MrKrishna

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
excellent - thank you so much everyone! Then I'm jumping in the WM7 pool head first...looking forward to learning from and contributing to the forum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos