Dell Venue Pro device problems after Mango update

ericmcarson

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing weird behavior on their Dell Venue Pro device after the Mango update? I noticed that both the software and firmware were updated during the update process yesterday.

I am experiencing:
* Sluggish scrolling
* In landscape mode, occassional missed presses
* In landscape mode, occassional press location is incorrectly registered on the screen

This new firmware almost feels like the v1 firmware in how it is behaving, but now with weird screen press issues.

I called Dell support, and they said they have been receiving a lot of calls after the update went live for them yesterday, but they do not have any troubleshooting tips right now.

My device is 32GB model on T-Mobile.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the "incorrect missed presses" issue maaaaybe one in a blue moon. Other wise, I've had no problems with Mango aside from the battery life is been a bit lower. I chalk that up to using the phone a lot more though.

No sluggish scrolling at all. Using a T-MO Venue Pro but with a non factory 16GB SD

D.A.R.Y.L.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
* Sluggish scrolling
* In landscape mode, occassional missed presses
* In landscape mode, occassional press location is incorrectly registered on the screen

Yes, I am experiencing all these problems...

I am glad I found your post, I thought it was only my device.

Mine is DVP Unlocked 16gig on AT&T with the factory SDCard.

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
have these problems been resolved? Are you still dealing with them? I have a DVP on the way and am slightly worried. Thanks!

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received mine yet so I can't say for sure, but based on user reviews I've read on the net, people that bought a DVP with all firmware updates and Mango pre-loaded seem to have great experiences wih their device. Perhaps a fresh install will make it run better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any of these issues. A couple of times the screen lock refused to slide up, but clicking the power button on and off seemed to get rid of the problem.

weyenk

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had a an issue with the keyboard not resizing correctly in landscape. Its not a major issue (switching to portrait and then back to landscape fixes the problem). I don't know if this is a Mango issue or not because I updated as soon as I got my DVP.

MakxiMus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing these issues...

* Sluggish scrolling
* occasional missed presses
* occasional press location is incorrectly registered on the screen

its very annoying at times!!

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've only noticed the occasional sluggish scrolling which is annoying but, it usually clears up pretty quickly. Haven't seen the other issues noted yet but I will keep an eye out for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss