Got the Mango update last night and still cannot connect to hidden wifi.
    The + button is missing on the advanced screen under Wifi.
    Anyone else seeing this? I have unlocked VP on AT&T.
    10-04-2011 11:57 AM
    Although i don't have a DVP, i tried hiding my network and it connected fine so don't think it's Mango problem as the + is present for me in advanced and everything seems fine.

Not sure why you have no + unless it's a little DVP bug.
    10-04-2011 12:22 PM
    from what I have read, it's presumed to be a firmware/driver issue with certain devices.

[Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks? - xda-developers
    http://www.windowscentral.com/tether...where-art-thou
    10-04-2011 09:43 PM
    from what I have read, it's presumed to be a firmware/driver issue with certain devices.

[Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks? - xda-developers
    http://www.windowscentral.com/tether...where-art-thou

Hopefully not too hard to fix then with a little Zune firmware or driver update .MachoDonut. :)

How on earth do they miss things like that, you'd think they'd just say OK lets test hidden SSIDS, Check!

Obviously not. :(
    MachoDonut likes this.
    10-05-2011 04:31 AM
    I do have the + button but it still doesn't work. Mango is destined to be an epic fail with incomplete features like this WIFI. No thought was given to how wireless networks are added etc...
    10-05-2011 11:58 AM
    It's a Dell issue, not a Mango issue.
    10-05-2011 10:30 PM
    Just got a new 8GB Omnia 7, loaded new firmware 7004 on this device, and let it go through all the updates through 7740. Still don't have the ADD button in my wifi settings and am unable to see my hidden wifi. I had the same model except 16GB in December and had no such issues.

I have Dev Unlocked this phone and am able to use Registry Tools and was wondering if anyone has an idea where this setting might be.
    01-30-2012 03:36 PM
    Apparently Zune did not automatically update the Samsung drivers. Even though I was already at 7740, the procedure outlined at this xda-developers page took care of the issue:
    (How-To)update the Samsung drivers on 7720. - xda-developers
    Now the "+" appears in the advanced wifi settings.
    01-31-2012 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD