Is this phone worth it?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I got me one yesterday from Dell. They sell a at&t compatible version. I got the unlocked one it works with HSPA but not HSPA + so no 3.5g as to is it worth it.... I'm liking it so far. Dell makes some quality stuff

PTZ

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Dave, you swapped your DVP. Issues with the phone or looking for a new experience? I have seen some DVP's for cheap and I thought I might try one.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
No I really like the Dell I just found a Focus S on Craig's list for way cheep so I listed my Dell and sold it the same day. I took the money and basically swapped the DVP for a Focus S it was to good of a deal to pass up or I would still have the Dell.

PTZ

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No I really like the Dell I just found a Focus S on Craig's list for way cheep so I listed my Dell and sold it the same day. I took the money and basically swapped the DVP for a Focus S it was to good of a deal to pass up or I would still have the Dell.
Dave I need a reliable phone for my small handyman business. I am on the run. Record keeping, contacts, gps or direction service, etc.. Not looking to spend alot of money. My plan is to switch to Tmobile soon and this phone seems like it could fit my needs. I wish I could get some "hands on" time with it or at least know someone with actual usage time in on it. I really like the Windows OS and I have read that Microsoft will make future update available to all. We're you satisfied?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The DVP is smooth Daniel Rubino like to call the DVP the Cadillac of Windows Phones Gen 1 devices I would agree with that. There really is no substitute for having a physical keyboard. It is a Dell as a Dell fan it was nice to have a phone that matches my laptop. That said there are better devices available now. I am a big Craig's list fan with the 900 and Titan 2 dew to hit soon I would bet that the Gen 2 devices are dew to drop in price very soon.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dave I need a reliable phone for my small handyman business. I am on the run. Record keeping, contacts, gps or direction service, etc.. Not looking to spend alot of money. My plan is to switch to Tmobile soon and this phone seems like it could fit my needs. I wish I could get some "hands on" time with it or at least know someone with actual usage time in on it. I really like the Windows OS and I have read that Microsoft will make future update available to all. We're you satisfied?

If you rely heavily on GPS and any office docs I would highly recommend syncing your office files to Skydrive and purchasing a better GPS app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett