Is my DVP 'unlocked'?

totoropororo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a DVP online and am relatively new to the WP7 community. While I can put my carrier's SIM into the DVP and it works but under the 'About' Screen, it says my carrier is T-Mobile US. Being the updating scheme has it that unlocked model will get update before the carriers, is my phone truly unlocked? If not is there anyway to unlock it? Thank you in advance. :D

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you bought it for the full price ($299.99), then it should be unlocked. However, the last few updates have been pretty odd about how they have been released. I think the 7740 and the 8107 both have to be requested by a carrier in order for people to get them. The 7740 has data-sharing in it, too, so I'm not sure if you'll ever get that one. Anyway, if you bought it unlocked, it should be carrier-unlocked. If so, you will probably get the big updates (Tangos, Apollo) before everyone else, but I'm not certain if you'll ever get the little ones.

totoropororo

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, I didn't buy it directly from Dell but from ebay as I don't live in the US. But I'm hoping for that 8107 update roll out. Thanks for easing my calm. ;)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If I recall correctly, the 8107 has only been released to very few people. I think it may be in Italy and phones that are not for sale (promo, contest, display).

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably grave digging here...

My understanding, and this comes from my direct interaction with @DellCares on twitter, is that only the unlocked DVP devices will get access to either 7740 or 8107. If your DVP is carrier locked to AT&T or T-Mobile, we'll have to wait until the "Tango" update is released. I'm pretty sure MS is forcing the carriers/OEMs to release that one, since it is the last update before Windows Phone 8 "Apollo" ships in September/October.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750