I figure I should inform you about some of the issues with the DVP.

Lacks:
    Dev access ( no custom roms...yet; progress is being made)
    E-compass
    Customer service

My biggest gripe is the customer service which I have actually had to deal with more than I should. Hopefully you wont have to. However, if you do I would suggest sending a message to @amyatdell rather than calling dell mobility.

I have had multiple issues with their call center in India. I have been sent phones which are the wrong size, I have a 32gb and been sent a 8gb replacement 2-3 times.

Just recently certain letters on my hardware keyboard have stopped working. When I called they said they would send a replacement and I had the rep confirm it would be a 32gb device but when it arrived it was an 8gb. I called them again informed them of the issue and the rep said they would send the correct size.
    I recieved a call yesterday from dell informing me that I had recieved it and need to send back the old device. I told them I had not and they told me the address they sent it to, which was incorrect; every device in the past has been shipped to california but the rep sent it to oklahoma this time. They had the rep who I spoke to for that replacement call me and he said I was lying and that I gave him the oklahoma address and he would be looking at the recordings as proof. I said I want a copy of the recording of my own call because I know I didn't give the incorrect address. At first he said it wouldn't be possible and then after I began to get mad he said they would send me a copy somehow.
    Today he called and said they would be sending a new 32gb device to the correct address but, not once did he apologize for saying that I lied about my address.

I spoke to his supervisor yesterday and stated that I am sick of their terrible service and tired of all the issues I have had with this phone. I have demanded a refund as the phone isn't even working as they had advertised on their website when I bought it (site mentioned the phone has an E-compass). He tried to tell me that the e-compass issue was with Mango and not Dell ( complete BS).

For those that don't know the e-compass file was renamed and Dell has refused to rename the file or correct the firmware so that it refers to the correct file.

I have also filed a complaint, along with many others, with the BBB.

tl:dr dont buy the phone get a htc titan when it comes out next month the physical keyboard isnt worth the **** that is their customer service.
    02-22-2012 12:54 PM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully you like WP enough to fight through the Dell's BS and try another (non-Dell) Windows Phone. I've never purchased any Dell devices but I've seen enough horror stories to know to stay away from them.
    02-22-2012 01:57 PM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully you like WP enough to fight through the Dell's BS and try another (non-Dell) Windows Phone. I've never purchased any Dell devices but I've seen enough horror stories to know to stay away from them.
    First time I heard of a 32GB device O_O!
    Maybe there is none and thats the reason why they replaced it with the 8Gb :D
    02-22-2012 02:00 PM
    I think the only place where you could get the 32GB version was AT&T Dormage.

Dell Venue Pro WP7 device available for AT&T customers, up to 32GB too

Not 100% sure, but think it was. :)
    02-22-2012 02:09 PM
    I ordered the Dell Venue Pro 16 GB package on May 31st. I was told my activation fee with T-Mobile will be waived and I would receive the Free Ultimate Gamer Package (the Dell representative did not know what it was until I sent her the link)... So the Dell representative created an account for me with T-Mobile, or so I thought! When I received my phone, my account did not exist! Then I called Dell to resolve this; they connected me with T-Mobile. T-Mobile told me I was being charged an activation fee, but I told them that the Dell representative said it was waived (so I'm being charged the activation fee). Also, I have spoken to 8 different operators about the Free Ultimate Gamer Package... Not a single one knows what the Free Ultimate Gamer Package is. They do not know anything about this promotion. Dell customer service are liars and incompetent!

The deal I am referring to: Dell Venue Pro Now Available on AT&T and T-Mobile with Exclusive Microsoft Promotion - Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell - Dell Community

They knew nothing of it on the phone, but I kept telling them its on their site.
    02-22-2012 07:38 PM