Invalid sim card question

tersoth

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi I was considering buying a DVP, but it has the "invalid SIM" error. From some research I did this happened after a software update. I was wondering if this was fixed with one of the recent updates? or is it only able to be fixed by sending it into dell for a replacement? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you know which version of the DVP you are looking to buy? Is it a T-Mobile, AT&T, or carrier unlocked DVP? If you bought one that is carrier locked, to AT&T or T-Mobile, you will need to get that carrier to provide you with the unlock code, if you want to use another carrier's SIM card.

That would be one explanation as to why you are getting that error.

tersoth

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you know which version of the DVP you are looking to buy? Is it a T-Mobile, AT&T, or carrier unlocked DVP? If you bought one that is carrier locked, to AT&T or T-Mobile, you will need to get that carrier to provide you with the unlock code, if you want to use another carrier's SIM card.

That would be one explanation as to why you are getting that error.

Thanks for the response, It's a T-Mobile version with a T-Mobile SIM. I think it might be this issue that was reported on a while back.

http://www.windowscentral.com/dell-venue-pro-replacements-are-now-there-are-sim-card-errors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos