I have a couple of questions for you all before I try to exchange this phone. I just switched from Sprint to AT&T, and got a BlackBerry Bold 9900 under contract. I have always wanted to try a DVP, and bought a new one off of Amazon. Now I need to decide which I want to sell.

Anyways, here are my questions. Is the ear piece speaker in this phone terrible or did I happen to get a dud? Everyone sounds muffled and fuzzy. Anyone have any issues with the volume button getting stuck down? I had that happen yesterday and was able to get it released. Is the battery life terrible on this phone normally? I am seeing about 6 hours out of this phone from full charge with medium use. One last question, does the loud speaker normally sound sub par?

Anyways, looking forward to your responses, and thanks.
    Brian
    02-29-2012 09:34 AM
    Brian,

I think you got a dud. My DVP sounds fine at the earpiece and through the speaker at the bottom of the phone. I would look up the DVP service tag at Dell's support site and see if it is still under warranty. If so, have Dell send a replacement to you.
    02-29-2012 10:47 AM
    Brian,

I think you got a dud. My DVP sounds fine at the earpiece and through the speaker at the bottom of the phone. I would look up the DVP service tag at Dell's support site and see if it is still under warranty. If so, have Dell send a replacement to you.
    Thanks for the response. Yes, it has 360 days left of the warranty.
    02-29-2012 11:04 AM
    Mine sounds fine too. Both on speaker and ear. Although the speaker is a mono speaker. Caller told me I sounded fine too. What a night day difference from the experience I had with the HTC Titan, that phone has some serious issues (atleast model I had in Dec/Jan). Now I realized that the Dell is meant for TMobile and I have a AT&T sim so it working off Edge.
    02-29-2012 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD