Dell not showing TMobile version

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just looked on Dell's web site for the Venue Pro and the Tmobile contract version is not listed. However you can outright buy the phone for TMobile it seems. What do you think this means? Not knowing the beginning of this phone's history with TMobile was it a bad start or something else happen?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually purchased it last weekend when it was going for $219 at newegg. They even had the contract warranty for sale for $19.99 for one year so I did that too.
Little did I know till I contacted Dell if there was a Dell warranty on the phone that I could transfer it to my name so I have that too but that runs out in December.
I like the phone because anything under 4in screen for a windows phone does not do Windows Phone OS justice. I am actually getting a TMobile Sim from StraightTalk but right now I am on AT&T sim from StraightTalk since my previous phone is a Nokia 5800.
This for me is a nice upgrade and not to expensive even though I know its a phone that is a year old or so. .

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I just looked on Dell's web site for the Venue Pro and the Tmobile contract version is not listed. However you can outright buy the phone for TMobile it seems. What do you think this means? Not knowing the beginning of this phone's history with TMobile was it a bad start or something else happen?
My guess, and only a guess, is that Dell is slowly removing the DVP from circulation, since they are dropping support for it (according to a DM I received from the @DellCares acct on Twitter, at least). Apparently the unlocked versions will continue to receive updates and what not, but not the SIM locked variants.

I'm really hoping this means Dell will be releasing an even better Apollo device, later this year. I love everything about my DVP, and really hope Dell releases an even better device, maybe even two, one with a KB and the other without. I find myself only using the hardware qwerty when I get hit with the disappearing keyboard bug (seems to coincide with background task updates).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos