Dell Ends Sales Of Venue Pro Windows Phone Device | WMPoweruser

I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of fire sell on these. The article lists that it was still going for 250-300 unlocked. Seemed like Dell should of dropped it to 200 unlocked, or at least offered a string of "free-on-contract" promotions.
    03-29-2012 08:51 AM
    Guess I jumped to the Radar at the right time, not that this actually affects my device, just psychologically feels good to have a supported device. They should make a documentary on how Dell screwed what is still regarded as one of the best 1st gen devices.
    03-29-2012 09:56 AM
    Unfortunately this was a case of a really good phone, released with poor execution, by a company that didn't really try all that hard to make it succeed.

This has been my favorite Windows Phone, so far, out of the 3 I've owned. I'm sad to see it die so quickly.

I'm hoping that Dell comes back with a nice (possibly qwerty-less and qwerty) WP8 device, later this year. It would make sense for them to do that, since they are going all-in on Windows 8 tablet (which WILL sell, imo)...at least I hope they do.
    03-29-2012 01:54 PM
    My phone is a Dell Venue Pro. After the most recent firmware update, everything works fine. The form factor is what sold me on it and of course, the OS. The DVP is an excellent phone from a horrible company.

Nokia, HTC, Samsung, somebody needs to make a Windows Phone with a portrait slider to replace the DVP.
    03-30-2012 03:33 AM
    And this is what I get for procrastination...the only phone I'm actually interested in gets discontinued.
    04-03-2012 08:53 PM
    And this is what I get for procrastination...the only phone I'm actually interested in gets discontinued.
    If you're still interested you should be able to pick one up unsubsidized for fairly cheap.
    04-03-2012 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD