Dell Disappointments II: Dell's dead baby, Dell's dead!

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm listening to music on the DVP whilst it was also charging off the PC, when all of a sudden the good times stop.
I look to see why the tunes have stopped and this was what I saw:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC25BBA29D8B80AE!187&authkey=!AE9A8A-bCAVtEHQ

I unplug it and the screen goes blank. It didn't respond to any button so I pulled the battery. I put it back in a little while later (after it had cooled down; though it was no hotter than usual) but it doesn't power up.

Any ideas?...before it's steamrollered.

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It just powered on a few moments before your post and it said battery critically low. Plugged the charger in and it immediately went back to that same, unresponsive state.

Trying your advice now.
Cheers.

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's back on.
Well, it's back on while it's plugged into a wall charger (not PC) anyway. I think the battery may have expired. It's been on for a while but doesn't seem to be gaining charge.

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
lol!
Er...it's not okay, it seems.
It's alternating between seeming perfectly fine and then getting incredibly hot, powering down with the battery apparently completely discharged.
Recharge over night then repeat from step 1.

I might just hard reset it and stick on Ebay as spares or repairs.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Had a similar problem with my old HTC G1. Turns out this isn't all that rare when charging from a PC.

Many PCs put out sub-optimal power from their USB ports and this can apparently screw up the battery and/or battery charge memory. Try just charging on AC for a week or so and try a battery replacement if that doesn't work.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Never charge from a PC if you can help it.

If you must, do it from the ports at the back of the PC, not those couple ports in the front. USB extender cables are useful for that.

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah.
I must admit that whilst the Titan almost always drinks it's juice from the mains, the Dell almost always was charged from USB port and a front port at that, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05