Got unlock code, no SIM will prompt for code.

niovhe

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a DVP off eBay, it is locked for AT&T service. I also got the unlock code for this device after submitting my IMEI to Dell Unlock Service.

My carrier which is "vodafone GR" works on this device. No problems there.

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to enter the unlock code to the device, whatever foreign SIM card I insert is seen by the system as "Invalid", ex "O2", "Verizon".

I wouldn't mind not unlocking this phone, but Zune does not show a newer version than 7720 and I would like to update it.

Any suggestions to help me out?

Thank you

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Turn the DVP off. Insert your SIM. Turn the DVP on. It should say something like "network locked" and have an "Enter Code" button. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you. Does your phone actually show "invalid" or some such thing? I bought my DVP from Dell and it was for AT&T. They never said it was unlocked, but it is. If I put one of my TMO SIMs in it it works fine and I've never had to unlock it.
-joe-

Last edited:

niovhe

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Turn the DVP off. Insert your SIM. Turn the DVP on. It should say something like "network locked" and have an "Enter Code" button. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you. Does your phone actually show "invalid" or some such thing? I bought my DVP from Dell and it was for AT&T. They never said it was unlocked, but it is. If I put one of my TMO SIMs in it it works fine and I've never had to unlock it.
-joe-
You are right, i would expect a similar behavior just like you described. But no, my DVP just sais "Invalid SIM" in place of the carrier name.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a loss then. You might try calling Dell and asking for help. Maybe they'll do something for you. Sorry.
-joe-

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you being sarcastic?

I'm at a loss then. You might try calling Dell and asking for help. Maybe they'll do something for you. Sorry.
-joe-

HaHaHaHaHa LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL hehehehehehehehehehehe

HA!

Dell customer service is the WORST! Most of those employees don't even know what a Venue Pro is!

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I actually get lots of help from Dell. I own four or five Dell laptops, two Alienware laptops and one Alienware Aurora. And they've always helped me with any problems I've had with my DVP or computers. Not being sarcastic at all. Try it man. Dell is good to me all the time.
-joe-

mb0000

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
have you tried just typing the code in when its says invalid?
i unlocked mine but it was a few weeks ago and i forgot how.
i have a whole book of codes, whats your iemi and i'll look it up and see if it matches

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon