I have a dell on Cincinnati Bell that got the tango update today. After the update the touch input on the phone doesn't work anymore. I can't find anyone else with the same problem so it may be unique to Cincinnati Bell.

trying out the restore from zune now
    07-19-2012 11:25 PM
    Update: I did the restore and I still have the problem. Has anyone else had an issue with their Dell's touch screen not working?

I could only find one reference on the web and the question isn't answered (and it's a year old) Venue Pro unresponsive screen - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

It would be odd timing for it to go out right when I did the update so I thought it was a firmware/driver issue, but the restore didn't fix it so I'm rather stuck/stumped at the moment.
    07-20-2012 12:17 AM
    Update: I did the restore and I still have the problem. Has anyone else had an issue with their Dell's touch screen not working?

I could only find one reference on the web and the question isn't answered (and it's a year old) Venue Pro unresponsive screen - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community

It would be odd timing for it to go out right when I did the update so I thought it was a firmware/driver issue, but the restore didn't fix it so I'm rather stuck/stumped at the moment.
    I came across a thread where someone had the same problem. It winded up being a ribbon cable disconnected. See if you can find it looking up a dell venue pro teardown or digitizer replacement
    07-30-2012 10:25 AM
    have you done a battery and SIM pull? i've found that works when rebooting doesn't help.
    07-30-2012 11:20 AM
    It ends up that my phone is under warranty even though it is a refurb. They are sending me a 'new' one now. Once I get it I'll update it to tango to see what happens. I assume the cable just came loose at a very odd time. Either way, we should know soon and it won't have cost me anything but hours of phone call support time.
    07-30-2012 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD