Does anyone have a Windows RT Recovery Drive for Dell XPS10

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
ok i'm stucked at Once all the partitions have installed, we are now ready to install the images and Recovery files and configuration. Type in: 'E:\ApplyImage.bat' i do it and it shows exactly this:
"Error: 2
The system cannot find path specified
The DISM log file can be found at X:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
X:\windows\system32>rem === Copy the Windows RE Tools to Windows RE Tools Partition ========================
X:\windows\system32>md T:\Recovery\WindowsRE
A subdirectory or file T:\Recovery\WindowsRE already exists.
X:\windows\system32>copy W:\Windows\system32\recovery\winre.wim T:\Recovery\WindowsRE\winre.wim
The system cannot find the drive specified.
X:\windows\system32>rem === Change attributes for WinRE Image to hidden ========================================
X:\windows\system32>attrib -h -s -r T:\Recovery\WinRE\winre.wim
Path not found - T:\Recovery\WinRE
X:\windows\system32>rem === In the Recovery partition, set the location of the Windows partition ===============
X:\windows\system32>W:\Windows\System32\reagentc /setosimage /path R:\RecoveryImage /index 1 /target W:\Windows
X:\windows\system32>rem === In the Windows RE Tools partition, set the location of the WinRE tools =============
X:\windows\system32>W:\Windows\System32\reagentc /setreimage /path T:\Recovery\WindowsRE /tareget W:\Windows
X:\windows\system32>rem === Copy boot files from the Windows partition to the System partition =================
X:\windows\system32>bcdboot W:\Windows
Failure when attempting to copy boot files"

Last edited:

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
i correct my anser i rewrote what cmd shows
i got those 18 parts from user Memitim and this txt and bat files

Last edited:

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i correct my anser i rewrote what cmd shows
i got those 18 parts from user Memitim and this txt and bat files

Ah, I think I know. Before running the .bat file, try changing directory frist; type: cd /d W:\Windows\system32 and enter. Make sure your USB drive has the letter E:\ (see my tutorial)
After that: E:\ApplyImage.bat
Let me know if that works out for you.

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
i did it like You said and nothing cmd wrote back "the system cannot find the path specified "
i don't know if it will help but i checked other troubleshot options and when i try to "refresh my pc" it say yhe drive where Windows is installed is locked . Unlock the drive and try again.
and reset your pc say unable to reset your pc . A required drive partition is missing

Last edited:

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i did it like You said and nothing cmd wrote back "the system cannot find the path specified "
i don't know if it will help but i checked other troubleshot options and when i try to "refresh my pc" it say yhe drive where Windows is installed is locked . Unlock the drive and try again.
and reset your pc say unable to reset your pc . A required drive partition is missing

Well,
Sometimes, you need to unlock the Pc first using the Bitlocker key you can retrieve from http://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey (login with your Microsoft account)

The other error's indicate that the partitioning dind't went correctly. So, try to boot into the recovery USB drive first and see if you can unlock your Pc from somewehere by choosing various recovery options (refresh my Pc won't work because you deleted all partitions and files).
After that, really look closely if the partitioning is going well using my script. If the script deploys correctly, you should be able to deploy the image files correctly using the ApplyImage.bat file.

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
i don't have microsoft acount
i bought that pc 4 days ago from other guy and i destroyed the system so here we are :(
ahh damn it i always have to do something wrong and i am suprised that windows don't have any idiots shield

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
i don't have microsoft acount
i bought that pc 4 days ago from other guy and i destroyed the system so here we are :(
ahh damn it i always have to do something wrong and i am suprised that windows don't have any idiots shield

Well, trying to install a non-touch x86 Operating System on a ARM based Touch device is already out of the scope of *****-proof to be honest (no offense, but please... ;-) ) I mean, what were you thinking? Why would you even want to install anything other than Windows 8.1 (RT) on a tablet???

Anyway, If you haven't signed in with your Microsoft account on the tablet ever, then there is no unlock key. The tablet is not binded to your account. So I think your f****d here... I'm sorry to say.
I think all you can do, if my method fails, is to bring the device back to Dell. But remember, Dell needs to know the previous owner for them to accept it. So, I hope you have that info handy.

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
sorry but win 7 ultimate is touchable :) and it works normally on tablets
so maybe i can unlock bitlocker with cmd or some application
and this bitlocker is blocking my pc if i had deleted everything ?
Is it possible not to use that Apply image bat file and you know write it to cmd by hand to stard the instalation so you could see on which step there is a problem ?
what if this guy had assign his acount to tablet would be he able to get that key? if i get that key how to unlock it ?what do i have to type in ?
please don't leave me with this

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
sorry but win 7 ultimate is touchable :) and it works normally on tablets

No, it's not, and no, it does not work normally on tablets. No discussion here. W7 is initially a desktop OS and not designed for touch as Windows 8/RT is. Period.

so maybe i can unlock bitlocker with cmd or some application

That maybe possible, but I have no idea how. And in the end, you'll still need the unlock key I guess....

and this bitlocker is blocking my pc if i had deleted everything?

It's the Microsoft Secure Boot Option what is blocking your system. It is something which is implemented in W8/RT to secure Pc's and Tablet Devices. You can read about it online.

Is it possible not to use that Apply image bat file and you know write it to cmd by hand to stard the instalation so you could see on which step there is a problem ?

Sure, you can manually enter each step from the script and see what happens. But, the errors indicate that partitioning didn't went correctly, so it won't do you any good.

what if this guy had assign his acount to tablet would be he able to get that key? if i get that key how to unlock it ?what do i have to type in ?

Yes, if you could ask this guy if he used the tablet with his Microsoft account, you can ask him to log in to the website and send you the Bitlocker unlock key. If you get the option to enter this key, then your good. As soon as you unlocked the device, you should be able to start with my tutorial from step one and see if that will actually do the trick.

please don't leave me with this

Well, as you see, I'm not :wink:

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
YES, if you could ask this guy if he used the tablet with his Microsoft account, you can ask him to log in to the website and send you the Bitlocker unlock key. If you get the option to enter this key, then your good. As soon as you unlocked the device, you should be able to start with my tutorial from step one and see if that will actually do the trick.
but how to type it in cmd do you know any command ?
ok i send e mail to that guy hope he will help

i ve also tryed to open the recovery files on my own by the cmd and to some files it said acces denied

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
got the key :D but i don't know which drive is locked
i'm doing it like it s in that tutorial u posted in
for two volumes it say that they re already unlocked and the volumes T R S it say
an error occurred <code 0x 80070057>:
the parameter is incorect

Last edited:

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
none respond to my question if it is protected (those hidden volumes t r s)
did u saw what i wrote about those volumes in previous mesage it shows that 2 are unlocked and on those 3 gets some error <code 0x80070057>
i asked the cmd manage-bde -status
and it reply that there was only two volumes both unlocked it doesn't saw the others maybe they re not created properly ?

Last edited:

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
none respond to my question if it is protected (those hidden volumes t r s)
did u saw what i wrote about those volumes in previous mesage it shows that 2 are unlocked and on those 3 gets some error <code 0x80070057>
i asked the cmd manage-bde -status
and it reply that there was only two volumes both unlocked it doesn't saw the others maybe they re not created properly ?

Ofcourse the volumes aren't created properly; one of the volumes is locked. You should first unlock the volume, after that, check if all volumes are unlocked and then start over again with my Diskpart script. It should work perfectly from then on.

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
i know tey re locked because u told me but when i try to unlock them the error accures all the time
error <code 0x80070057> and i can't do anything with that i just don't know how

redds156

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to do everything what i could i followed instructions on that site you gave me but nothing i even wasn't able to recovery the bit locker
I also was searching for some help in product box in those instructions and i didn't find anything helpful but that's funny it was written in there that this pc can run windows 8 windows 7 and ubuntu
I will ask my friends for help and if they can't do anything i 'll go to the service
but if you will have any idea write it i 'm here 10 times a day hoping someone will solve this problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium