How to recover files from a dell xps 10 RT that wont turn on?

Rachel Corso

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried turning on my tablet, but the does not turn on. I charged the battery over 4 hours (the charge light went on), but when I press the power button, the battery light blinks three times but doesn't turn on. Sometimes when charger is plugged in the charge light does not go on at all. I want to retrieve Word files off the tablet if possible. I have the connecting laptop dock and I downloaded windows 8.1 a few months ago if that makes any difference. Also is it possible that it could be the screen that does not work or the charger? still could I retrieve file if any of these are the case?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
any chance that those documents have been saved to SkyDrive/OneDrive? Please say yes because that is the only guaranteed way.

If its only on the tablet, then things get more complicated. I'm searching the internet for images and/or a teardown presenting the guts in order to assess whether the drive itself can be easily removed and transplanted or not, but no luck yet, I'll report back soon.
iFixit gave it a 9/10 repairability score, so I'm feeling lucky.

Looks like it isn't going to be an easy pull-the-drive like a laptop, so if those documents are that important, we may want to look into a surrogate device to take the main board or repairing your unit somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs