What brand and model is the SSD inside of the Dell 9575 Xps 15 2-1 AND Do I need the i7 with 16GB?

Morthis Mejere

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
1.) I can not find what models the SSDs are that are available as OEM with the XPS 15 2-1 9575. Can anyone provide this information?

Also,

2.) I am trying to figure out if I need the i7 with 16gb or if the i5 with 8gb will do just fine for my needs.

I am primarily a writer (I have tested the keyboard and I love it). I do however do a range of differing tasks that pertain to my writing. First of all I draw the art and landscapes for my novels. I also do 3d renderings of buildings and the like. My current device is holding me back majorly in this area, So I am wanting to make sure that I do not buy a device that will potentially hold me back as well. This will be my primary device with my 10" tablet being my secondary for the next 5 years. I need to make sure that it can seamlessly handle the art and the 3d rendering. obviously the writing will be overkill with either choice but I have not found a keyboard that worked better (I have MS and even the 1.1mm of travel on my crappy HP15 fatigues my fingers). As far as gaming goes, again the i5 will more than suffice seeing as I prefer to play mostly MMORPG on my computers and everything else on my console.

Thank you to all.
Sincerely,
Morthis Mejere

So what do you think? Will the i5 and 8gb be more than enough for me for the next 5 years doing mainly those 3 things (writing, art, and 3d rendering) or do I need the i7 with 16gb. (I will not get the i7 with 8gb as it seems like a waste not to get the 16 at that point.)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you want the PC to last as long as possible, I would get the i7, if you can afford it. Doing this will reduce obsolescence. I would also consider getting a few spare batteries while they are easily available.

Morthis Mejere

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Wouldn't buying the extra batteries now end up with them having the same charge holding issues that the original battery will have in a few years?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Not if you store them properly. I think it's between 50 and 80% charged. You could also get in a routine where you swap them out on a regular basis. Say you buy 2 extra batteries so you have a total of three. If you swap them out weekly, each battery is getting extended by 66% (if I did my math right).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99