Dell Inspiron 1750

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I was recently given a Dell Inspiron 1750 running Windows 7. Although I liked the size of the screen, Windows 7 ran laboriously sloooooooooow. I just figured it was to do with the laptop only having 4 gigs of memory. It seemed such a shame to stuff it in the cupboard and let it collect dust, because its got such a big screen. I note that on the Dell website, it says that Windows 10 is untested, but the simple choices were to find out if i could increase the memory or try out Windows 10. Much to my surprise, its running much smoother and much quicker with Windows 10. Ive been using it a lot for youtube and watching BBC Iplayer and ITV player tv programs and its been a pure delight. I'm very happy with the results.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah good to hear!

The thing is though that any version of Windows (assuming its not ancient) should work fine on 4 GB of memory. (I've done it myself a while back, although my usage has become heavier since.)

Probably was some underlying issue or other quirks that 10 happened to fix. Either way, good to hear its back in working order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb