Sprint 700wx and "Advanced Network Functionality"

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
Although it isn't an officially suported device, I've heard from several people that Sprint's version of the 700wx will work with the Redfly. When I hook the two up, I get a note that the Redfly doesn't recognize the device, and I should turn on its "Advanced Network Functionality". Anyone have any idea what this means?

TIA
-

MrMediaGuy

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Check under Settings on the Connections tab and see if you have an applet named "USB to PC." The checkbox to enable Advanced Network Functionality should be in there, provided that it's not hidden on the 700wx. If that doesn't work, let me know.

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
The USB to PC panel isn't there, but I got inspired to look around on the 700wx again for odd settings that might help. I noticed on the Programs listing a small, completely undescribed app called USB Switch. With nothing to lose, I opened it. I got a small notice that something obscure about the USB port had been changed. I tried hooking the 700wx up to the Redfly and SUCCESS! I'm typing this message on it now.
-

MrMediaGuy

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Yep, that's it! Depending on carrier customizations, and whether you have a WM5 or WM6 device, the applet is in different places. On the 700wx, I think the "USB Switch" was an add-on utility for Verizon and included in the OEM build from Sprint -- so even with the same model phone you can see how you may or may not have it. I think with WM6 it's pretty consistent that it's "USB to PC" -- but in any case, it basically turns on/off Remote NDIS (RNDIS) transport over USB. Glad it's working!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro