Treo Pro driver

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
For all those considering picking up a Treo Pro when it goes on sale next month, we have a REDFLY driver for the Pro ready to go so you can start using it with REDFLY from day one. Palm has really done a great job with this phone and it works very well with REDFLY.

waldo15

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Where do we get the driver? I have a Pro in pre-order and definitely will be trying this one out with the Redfly I won from WMexperts :)

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
Just hit http://www.celiocorp.com/install from either your PC?s or phone?s browser.

If you go there from a PC you can download an .exe to sync over to the phone.

If you go to that link from your phone, you can download a .cab over-the-air that self-installs the driver.

Personally, I like the over-the-air method.

Make sure to check to see if your REDFLY has the latest firmware ? hold down both the ?fn? and REDFLY logo keys on your device at the same time and it will pop up a window. Under, ?FW Version? if it doesn?t say 1.3.29 or later you need to update it. The same links above will allow you to download the firmware updater.

BTW, thanks waldo15 for sticking up for us in the comments on that Engadget post today. You rock!

waldo15

Apr 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I do have the latest firmware and early next week I should be testing the Redfly with the Pro that has now shipped (yay!)

Regarding Engadget: Dude, you guys were getting grilled pretty bad there, and I hate it when folk just talk for talking. I am all up for bringing down bad tech but heck, let's be fair and give props to those who deserve it. Many folk just don't see how the Redfly plays in the picture simply because Netbooks re so in fashion these days, not realizing their Smartphones are already a Netbook in disguise... hey I intend to trademark this last frase so if your marketing team wants to use it, you just now where to find me ;)

dalelane

Feb 14, 2007
Visit site
For all those considering picking up a Treo Pro when it goes on sale next month, we have a REDFLY driver for the Pro .

would it be possible to get the redfly to be smart enough to disable the Treo Pro's screensaver when it connects?

it's a bit of a pain when you connect but can't click on anything cos the Pro has disabled the screen.

amg212

Sep 27, 2008
Visit site
would it be possible to get the redfly to be smart enough to disable the Treo Pro's screensaver when it connects?

it's a bit of a pain when you connect but can't click on anything cos the Pro has disabled the screen.

It seems (and I could be wrong) that if the phone's keys are locked when you connect the Redfly, you need to press the power button of the Pro ONCE to get everything working right. From my testing, it appears that the key lock does not re-enable (which is good).

While the Redfly is connected, the Pro's display gets the screensaver clock while the Redfly itself displays what it is supposed to. Pretty nice, actually!

KitC

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Sprint Treo Pro

I have read the posts about the Palm Pro working with the redfly, does that mean that the Sprint Treo Pro, being released on Sunday will work with it also. I have a 800W now and love the redfly.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Will the REDFLY work with the Sprint Treo Pro, that is being released on Sunday?

If it'll give you some hope, I can tell you this is being posted via my C8N & my GSM Treo Pro. Since it's less than an hour that I've been online, it's going to take a little getting used to the less graphic intensive version of most sites. ;-)

On the up side, I installed the driver on my phone, plugged in the USB cable & there was enough juice in the Redfly battery to test it. Even better, I have a USB cordless mouse that I got for my laptop -- works perfectly on the Redfly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3