No Speakers?

dc_in_sf

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I see that the redfly does not have a built in speakerphone or speakers. Would usb speakers work?

I don't think that the Redfly actually provides a "real" usb port to the WM device, rather it supports Human Interface (keyboards, mice) and Mass storage (flash drives) devices plugged into it's USB ports and proxies those capabilities to the WM device.

In your case, for speakers, I'd just plug powered speakers directly into the phone.

MAgentieri

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
true, however USB hosts are USB hosts. The limitation is in the drivers. As long as it has a winmo driver, I should be able to plug in any usb device.

I know, I know - winmo drivers for anything (looking at you HTC) are tough to come by.

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
true, however USB hosts are USB hosts. The limitation is in the drivers. As long as it has a winmo driver, I should be able to plug in any usb device.

I know, I know - winmo drivers for anything (looking at you HTC) are tough to come by.

It still has to go through the Redfly interface. Meaning that if the Redfly doesn't support it, it's unlikely that it'll work, even if the device supports it.

(This is a purely untested theory, but is based on my best guess. :) )

Why not just use Bluetooth?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac