11-17-2008 04:07 PM
37 12
tools
    I'm currently running a Sprint Touch, and still love it despite it being a little long in the tooth. Probably the biggest deal breaker I have with the Diamond is the lack of removable storage.

With the REDFLY, that problem is largely mitigated, as I can use a MicroSD reader in the second USB jack. Please put the Sprint Touch Diamond drivers at the highest priority!
    x2
    10-21-2008 02:17 PM
    x2
    10-22-2008 03:50 PM
    x4. I have both the Sprint CDMA Touch Pro and Diamond. I tried all the drivers but none seems to work. I rather not have to go through all the modifications just to use w/ Redfly.
    11-06-2008 10:11 PM
    Another new Sprint HTC Touch Pro user here chiming in. Just got the unit yesterday and was hoping I could use the Redfly with it. Looks like I still have a ways to wait... *sigh*

I was contemplating buying a second Redfly to keep in my car, while they are still on sale, but am wary of spending the money until I know that the combination is going to work for certain. :(
    11-06-2008 10:25 PM
    HeavyHarmonies,

Buy that second unit! ;-)

I promise that we will have drivers for the Diamond and the Touch Pro really soon, and I would hate to have you miss the pricing on this, as it will only last a little bit longer (really).

Thanks,
    Laurie

Director of Engineering
    Celio Corp | REDFLY
    11-08-2008 07:58 AM
    Laurie

Director of Engineering
    Celio Corp | REDFLY
    Uh oh. There's two of you on the forums now? That can't be a good thing....

:D
    11-08-2008 09:52 AM
    I have been here lurking for quite a while, keeping Colin honest - he is a marketing guy after all. :D

Seriously, Colin tries to be really responsive to questions here, but we both expect this forum to expand drastically in the coming months so we figure it will take at least two of us to participate. We will try not to step on each others toes or take over any threads.

-Laurie

Director of Engineering
    Celio Corp | REDFLY
    11-08-2008 11:43 AM
    Second Redfly en route... so let's get crackin' on Touch Pro support!! ;) :)
    11-12-2008 10:46 AM
    I have the HTC Fuze, this carrier's version of the HTC Touch Pro, and it doesn't have the problems working with the Redfly that Sprint's version of this device does.

I wrote my experiences up at:
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=173841
    -
    11-12-2008 07:10 PM
    I have a generic (non-operator) Touch Pro, with TouchFlo switched off. No major problems, except for the "My First Laptop" look. Smaller fonts and icons woud make it fabulous.
    11-13-2008 12:41 PM
    the "My First Laptop" look
    :) That's exactly how I describe it, too.

-
    11-13-2008 03:23 PM
    Also keep in mind all Touch Pro's are not the same, the Verizon is not the same as the Sprint though both are CDMA. The ATT Fuze is not the same as either of the CDMA's by most accounts, keyboard layouts are different, even the number of keys and the shape of the device and there are big performance differences with the Verizon being noticeably slower than the Sprint or the Fuze. There is even some speculation that the processor speed might vary among the three models. Verizon has been known to cripple their phones more than Sprint but it could be the devices are only similar in form factor and represent two or three completely different chipsets?
    11-17-2008 04:07 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD