Phone battery life problems

mcaq

Oct 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I am using a Redfly perfectly with a WM 6.0 Samsung i600, no lags, small screen video play back, homescreen switching all fine ? used the blackjack CAB directly rather using the install package as the i600 is a blackjack with wifi.

Bit since installing the software my phone battery life for general use has dropped from 2-3 days to 6-7 hours.

Is there some thing in the running in the background that could be consuming power like this?

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Is that your battery life while using the Redfly?

If you'd using bluetooth for the connection it will seriously impact your battery life, as it's something of a power hog.

mcaq

Oct 9, 2008
Visit site

If you'd using bluetooth for the connection it will seriously impact your battery life, as it's something of a power hog.

No battery life when not using Redfly has dropped big time

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site

I actually haven't found this to be the case. With my 800w, I can use Redfly over BT for an hour and see only a 5-10% drop in battery life. Not having to power the screen or backlight seems to really help.

OP, your battery life issue sounds like you left WiFi on, which will kill almost any WinMo phone in about 6 hours (or less, depending on the phone and power settings for WiFi).

ckj

Jul 31, 2008
www.celiocorp.com
mcaq,

That’s the first I’ve heard of the problem. I’m just guessing, but there may be an issue with using a BlackJack driver on the i600 that for some reason keeps WiFi turned on in the background. This wouldn’t have showed up in testing on the BlackJack so never got fixed.

I’d call or email Celio support and log the issue. It may be someone has seen it before and has a quick fix. If not, we’ll log the bug for reference if we decide to ever work on a full driver for the i600.

mcaq

Oct 9, 2008
Visit site
mcaq,

That?s the first I?ve heard of the problem. I?m just guessing, but there may be an issue with using a BlackJack driver on the i600 that for some reason keeps WiFi turned on in the background. This wouldn?t have showed up in testing on the BlackJack so never got fixed.

I?d call or email Celio support and log the issue. It may be someone has seen it before and has a quick fix. If not, we?ll log the bug for reference if we decide to ever work on a full driver for the i600.

If it is a wifi issue is would be most annoying since the places I want to use Redfly have no wifi access anyway.

I have been quite methodical about this - done a hard reset and loaded nothing but RFS6_1.3.29.3060.CAB. The interface with Redfly works perfectly and is a joy, but with Redfly disconnected, bluetooth and wifi turned off and the smartphone unused on standby I have total discharge of battery in 8 hours. Remove the software and the battery is good for 4 days with light use.

This CAB is a beta but is the only one I can use - the installation package tells me the phone is not supported

Bujin#IM

Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
I actually haven't found this to be the case. With my 800w, I can use Redfly over BT for an hour and see only a 5-10% drop in battery life. Not having to power the screen or backlight seems to really help.

That's been my experience with my 800w as well. I rarely bother pluggin in to USP, because the battery life is so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte