Wishlist for the next Redfly

Aero

May 26, 2006
Visit site
When I first got my Redfly, I threw my extra BT mouse into my briefcase, but haven't used it once. The touchpad works fine for me, and I prefer the ease of use mentioned above.

That being said, a touchscreen would rock! I also have poked the screen more than once. :)

i wonder what the estimate would be on increased cost on a touchscreen? I am so used to using the apps with touch

Gabey8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how many times I've poked the screen with my finger expecting something to happen, then swearing at myself for forgetting that I needed to use the touch pad.

It?s gotten to the point that I?ve been Googling for an 8? USB touchscreen overlay to do a hardware hack ala Asus EEEPC. I haven?t had the screen bezel off yet to see how much room is in there for a USB hub and touchscreen controller though. Also Haven?t found an 8? touchscreen overlay.

I Love my REDFLY, but since WinMo is basically a touchscreen oriented OS, it absolutely screams for a touchscreen.

I can relate. I haven't got enough posts yet to put a URL or images in here, so I can't show you the device I'm referring to. But if you google "Intermec 6651", you will see a Redfly-sized HPC2000 device that has a touch screen. I used the touch screen extensively on my Intermec. And I reflexively want to do the same on the Redfly.

EdFrmBrighthand

Aug 8, 2007
www.brighthand.com
I haven't got enough posts yet to put a URL or images in here, so I can't show you the device I'm referring to. But if you google "Intermec 6651", you will see a Redfly-sized HPC2000 device that has a touch screen.

Here you go:
intermec_6651_open.jpg

-

zad225

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
My wishlist includes the following:

bigger screen without increasing the size of the footprint
touchscreen / convertible
video playback (my phone doesn't have tv out!)
speakers would be nice as well
RIGHT SHIFT KEY for touch typists. I suggest placing all the arrow keys in the bottom row. It's hard enough touch typing on the small keys, without the misplaced right shift key.
access to camera on the phone (that would make a great spy camera)
bigger keys if possible. maybe the size of 10" netbooks nowadays.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
speakers and a mic would make it rocking...its would be like a desk phone at that point...whenever i show mine to people they are amazed it has no mic and speaker. Better support for zune players, maybe a dedicated cable. a slightly larger keyboard would also be nice, although how u would do and keep it the same size is beyond me.

zad225

Jan 31, 2009
Visit site
You can't make the keys bigger unless you increase the footprint, which I wouldn't necessarily be against. I wonder if Celio would be interested in making large redflys. The disadvantage of course would be heavier weight and less battery, but the usability would be a lot better.

But I know many are satisfied with the size of the Redly and its keys. If anything, i wish they would just put the right shift key where it belongs. You don't need the up arrow key for touch typing. Place it on the bottom row.

It does look like though the screen size can be increased without adding significant weight or any size at all to the overall device. It makes me wonder why they didn't use up all the real estate available in the first place.

cplush#WP

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
yeah, i like the keyboard and wouldnt mind a larger keyboard but wouldnt want size/battery to change so thats not a possibility. a mic/speakers are more important to me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon