Poor default Mail hotkey mapping

WinTakeAll

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Noticed the Redfly has a bad default mapping for the "Mail" hotkey (F1).

It's by default mapped to "\Windows\Start Menu\Messaging.lnk". This didn't work for me. Since my phone itself has a Mail hotkey I have long ago reconfigured the short Start Menu (under Settings->Menus) to not waste one of its few valuable slots on this app.

I changed the Redfly hotkey mapping to point the mail key to "\Windows\Messaging.lnk" and the Redfly Mail hotkey works fine.

Hopefully Celio can update its software to use "\Windows\Messaging.lnk" as its default to help other users. (Or maybe there are other options that are even more robust and are supported across platforms.)

toddx

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
I also noticed that the mail key didn't work on the Redfly. I wanted this to point to mail rather than messaging (were the apps combined in previous WinMo versions?). It was an easy fix to point the button to the email app (I think the app was located in the \Windows folder).

Todd

SpriteGF

Jul 8, 2006
Visit site
I can't seem to get poutlook to launch with the Mail key. Has anyone else had any problems or solutions for this? (on the Treo 800w)

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Set it to \Windows\tmail.exe and it will work on the 800w.

In regards to the apps being combined...yes, on most WinMo devices the Pocket Outlook client handles POP/SMTP, IMAP, Exchange, and SMS messaging. It's nicely integrated so that you can press the left or right dpad buttons and switch between accounts (for example I used to be able to toggle between exchange and SMS). Sprint uses a separate messaging app and hides the SMS functionality within Pocket Outlook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett