iris beta 2 release

horizontalheat

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
The next version of iris has been release and it is much better. I had issues with page down not working, and navigating using the arrows would cause constant scrolling. Iris is really looking up.. I would suggest everyone give it a spin.

graham.hughes

Nov 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm writing this post with it! :) It's ability to render pages accurately is perhaps even etter than Opera's.

The user interface is currently dreadful. And there are too many annoying "effects" that cannot be switched off, and just make it slower.

My concern would be that, in order to get the usless "iphoney" effects faster (especially the 3D history screen), they will start using some technique that stops it working with the Redfly.

Some bright spark at Celio should provide some funding for the development, and set some priorities for the product. A high quality Redfly-compatible browseris a big benefit, since Opera doesn't work, and IE is a bit pants.

cuzlion

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded it and hoped it would help my memory challenged ppc6800 get around the 64 Meg Ram better than PIE or Opera but it had the same problems of needing more RAM. So far Opera Mini runs like a champ on the Redfly but all others including Netfront are just a little too memory hungry for the older WM phones like mine. Cuz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett