Use Treo 800 as remote

jhn

Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
Is it just me, or does anyone else use the Treo as a handheld remote and almost never use the keyboard or mouse?

dc_in_sf

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
You know that's an interesting way of using the redfly that I had not considered. I just switched to a keyboardless device (Diamond) because of my reduced need for a keyboard with the redfly, but I can see if you had a Treo or a blackjack how just using the redfly as a bigger screen might work.

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Lots of buttons are quicker to press on my Treo than hunting down on the Redfly.

I regularly use the OK button, center button, 5 way, calender, and mail buttons.

Gabey8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Lots of buttons are quicker to press on my Treo than hunting down on the Redfly.

I regularly use the OK button, center button, 5 way, calender, and mail buttons.

I have an HTC XV6800, rather than a Treo, but I'm chiming in to mention that I use the function keys frequently to replace bringing the mouse over and clicking on a soft-key or using keys on the phone itself. It's just easier and quicker.

(Unless the Treo drivers have Gremlins of which I'm unaware, that interfere somehow with function-key usage. In that case, pls. disregard this post. ;))

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
If my 700wx or 800w is sitting out, I can reach over and press most of the more commonly used keys right away, even if it's dark (simply by the feel of the button).

Good luck with that and the F keys. ;)

I do use the F keys occasionally, but extremely rarely as I have to hunt for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs