1. Gabey8's Avatar
    I own an Eee PC 701 and a Redfly. The more I looked at the keyboards, the more it seemed to me that they were identical in dimensions and format.

    I'm pretty adamant about having keyboard protection, since a group for which I'm the secretary tends to have board meetings in restaurants over dinner. On a whim, I ordered an Eee PC 701 silicon keyboard cover for my Redfly.

    It's a perfect fit. So, until Celio begins offering keyboard covers among its accessories, HINT HINT ;), anyone who's interested in keeping crumbs, beverages, and other stray matter out of their Redfly keyboard has got a viable solution.
    11-10-2008 01:30 AM
  2. EdFrmBrighthand's Avatar
    Something like this?

    How easy is it to type through?
    11-11-2008 10:23 AM
  3. flyemhighrockets's Avatar
    Thanks for the idea I need some kind of proteection myself what a great idea.
    11-11-2008 11:13 AM
  4. Gabey8's Avatar
    Something like this?
    [I can't repost the link because at the moment, I have fewer than 10 posts on the forum]

    How easy is it to type through?
    Yes, the one I got is exactly like that. Make sure it's a keyboard membrane for the US version of the Eee. One of the ebay vendors whose product I looked at made a point of mentioning that the Enter key is shaped differently on the US vs. European versions of the Eee. The US enter key is shaped like a rectangle, like that of the Redfly.

    Look around online, because prices and shipping costs vary. And double-check the product image to make sure that it's got the correct shape for the enter key.

    I find it very easy to type through. I always make a point of getting keyboard membranes, if they're available for a device I'm using. Anything that keeps unwanted matter out of my keyboards is a good thing. :)
    11-11-2008 12:34 PM
  5. flyemhighrockets's Avatar
    Thanks for the update I am looking for one now.
    11-11-2008 12:55 PM
  6. Gabey8's Avatar
    Now I have a question. I know that the new Redfly models C7 and C8N have a slightly different keyboard layout from the original C8 model.

    However, is it just the function of the keys that has been tweaked, or has the physical shape of some of the keys changed, as well?

    I ask because the answer will affect whether this thread remains true for the newer Redfly models.

    So I'll clarify, for now, that this membrane is a perfect match for the C8 version of the Redfly. As soon as someone who is familiar with the C7 and C8N keyboards weighs in, we'll know if an Eee 701-compatible keyboard membrane will fit those devices as well.
    11-18-2008 06:48 PM
  7. meoman's Avatar
    any update on the question asking if 7, 8 and 8n keyboard keys are same shape even though some of the function keys have changed
    04-29-2009 03:23 PM
  8. laurieny's Avatar
    The keyboard is the same and the cover will fit any of our models.


    Director of Engineering
    Celio Corp | REDFLY
    04-29-2009 07:08 PM