Tuesday 11 a.m. EST

MAgentieri

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I would feel cheesed about an upgrade dropping less than a month after I bought one of these things....
except it's not really an upgrade
still waiting on the convertible touchscreen guys...

wodin

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I would feel cheesed about an upgrade dropping less than a month after I bought one of these things....
except it's not really an upgrade
still waiting on the convertible touchscreen guys...

It's not really an upgrade!

The C8N adds an analog video in port for an extra hundred bucks, and the C7 is an inch smaller screen and smaller battery for thirty bucks more.

Unless you really need analog video in, the original C8 is a much better deal. As of last nite Amazon still had them for $199.

Ebag333

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
It's not really an upgrade!

The C8N adds an analog video in port for an extra hundred bucks, and the C7 is an inch smaller screen and smaller battery for thirty bucks more.

Unless you really need analog video in, the original C8 is a much better deal. As of last nite Amazon still had them for $199.

And was posted (but apparently missing), the $199 price was a special sale price. The normal (original) price was $499.95.

So yes, the new CN8 is not only an upgrade (has an additional port) but a lower price than the C8.

Comparing the "we're clearing our stock for new models so this is the special sales price" to the "this is the regular price" is comparing apples to oranges.

That being said, if you don't need the media port, go out and get a C8 while you still can. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6