04-11-2009 01:47 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    I installed the new drivers and it seems faster, but the touchflo3d needs to go or be a lot faster. There should be an option to disable touchflo when connected. I don't really see a need to get the touchflo view when connected. I would not mind the screen that comes up when you open the keyboard... at least that's the right aspect and it is not animated.

My phone has been locking up at night after charging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering :)
    11-25-2008 01:03 PM
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having the landscape touchflo view instead of the 3d on when the redfly connects... it is clean and still gives you access to the start menu. Going to the today screen is also an option, so I'll live with either....

Being able to select the option would be great too, though this is becoming a dedicated driver which I'm assuming celio hates doing for only one phone type.

I don't see how the touchflo3d is going to work. It's not the right aspect and seems to be a pain in the processor.
    11-25-2008 06:20 PM
    Being able to select the option would be great too, though this is becoming a dedicated driver which I'm assuming celio hates doing for only one phone type.
    The way these things are flying off the shelves, I'm thinking Celio could survive on just the TP!

Every time the local store get's any, they sell out the same day! If that's going on nationwide, these could very well be the fabled iPhone killer! :thumbsup:
    11-25-2008 07:32 PM
    Just a personal observation - I couldn't care less about touchflo with the Redfly. What I do care about a great deal is getting full 800x480 resolution. I hope the driver developers are focused more on that than touchflo. I can disable touchflo myself, but I can't change the resolution.
    11-26-2008 05:50 AM
    Just a personal observation - I couldn't care less about touchflo with the Redfly. What I do care about a great deal is getting full 800x480 resolution. I hope the driver developers are focused more on that than touchflo. I can disable touchflo myself, but I can't change the resolution.
    Agreed. Right now the Touch Pro/Redfly combination isn't very usable (to be expected, I know, as the drivers are still in Beta, but having experienced the Redfly with my Treo 700wx, I know what it *can* do... just waiting to get there...)
    11-26-2008 08:37 AM
    Think you have problems? At least you guys/gals can connect! I can't get Redfly to connect to the Fuze at all - keeps telling me to turn on "Advanced Network Settings", which it is. I've tried Beta 61 and 62 - neither work. Actually, I can't even DL either version of the firmware b/c the Redfly won't connect. The Redfly settings (red) button on the unit does nothing - no settings screen - all I ever see on the unit is the splash screen and that blasted erroneous "Can't recognize device - Please turn on Advanced Network Settings" popup.

Am I the only one here who's seen this problem? I'm all for helping to work out Beta problems being a lifelong early adopter, but not even getting to first base with this thing is frustrating. Been working with Laurie and Troy on this issue, but haven't heard from anyone in a few days, so I came here for help.

Thinking about returning this brand new C8 and wait for the C8N to drop enough so I can have the video feature to mate with the Fuze.
    Last edited by edk; 11-26-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    11-26-2008 12:29 PM
    I hope Celio will keep in mind that just making the Redfly play nice with the Touch Pro using tf3d is not quite enough. Please also make sure the drivers work with people that strip TF3D out and just use either WM 6.1 or use another shell such as SPB Mobile Shell or Pocket Plus or many other options. In the pressure to make TF3D please remember that a lot of us are former Mogul/6800 owners that needed more memory and speed but didn't need a friendlier shell. I'll speak for "us" for a second. We need the BT fixed, it drops over and over, rarely did that on the Mogul/6800 but does on the Touch even with TF3D turned off. We need the fonts to switch to very small when the Redfly is on and back to where they were when we disconnect. That's all, basically the drivers work well enough now to be fine, but if those two things were fixed they'd be nearly perfect. Thanks for listening, the Redfly is such a fine device, thanks for making it. Cuz
    11-27-2008 10:56 PM
    cuzX2
    11-28-2008 12:57 AM
    My phone has been locking up at night after charging, so I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering :)
    From posts on xda-developers.com, this is a common problem with the TouchPro out of the box, without Redfly drivers installed. I got the same problem. I switched Touchflo off, and the problem stopped. I believe this is a problem with Touchflo.

I'd recommend anyone with a TouchPro (Redfly attached or otherwise) to switch Touchflo off. It's a bit buggy, and it doesn't add much functionality. You'll lose the weather screen, but you can fall back on the "looking out of the window" technique. :)
    11-28-2008 04:54 AM
    Think you have problems? At least you guys/gals can connect! I can't get Redfly to connect to the Fuze at all - keeps telling me to turn on "Advanced Network Settings", which it is. I've tried Beta 61 and 62 - neither work. Actually, I can't even DL either version of the firmware b/c the Redfly won't connect. The Redfly settings (red) button on the unit does nothing - no settings screen - all I ever see on the unit is the splash screen and that blasted erroneous "Can't recognize device - Please turn on Advanced Network Settings" popup.

Am I the only one here who's seen this problem? I'm all for helping to work out Beta problems being a lifelong early adopter, but not even getting to first base with this thing is frustrating. Been working with Laurie and Troy on this issue, but haven't heard from anyone in a few days, so I came here for help.

Thinking about returning this brand new C8 and wait for the C8N to drop enough so I can have the video feature to mate with the Fuze.
    Just nod if you can here me! (Pink Floyd)
    11-29-2008 01:38 PM
    Too much turkey...
    11-29-2008 02:52 PM
    OK, turkey is no longer a valid excuse. My Redfly gets made usable today or it goes back tomorrow. And I never even got a chance to eval it - it could have been a great device for all I know!
    12-01-2008 08:54 AM
    OK, turkey is no longer a valid excuse. My Redfly gets made usable today or it goes back tomorrow. And I never even got a chance to eval it - it could have been a great device for all I know!
    I'm not sure where you are going with this. Driver development teams are usually not susceptible to ultimatums. I know these guys are working hard and will get the kinks out in time.

If you believe in the device and trust the development team, you should hang onto hope and wait it out.
    12-02-2008 06:47 AM
    phildro,

Wasn't trying to come off harsh. My device does NOTHING - won't connect, won't even pull up it's own settings screen - basically a nice looking brick with a corporate splash screen. I didn't throw out an ultimatum so much as a plea for response from Celio on this dead unit as they had been quiet on this for several days (not including the holiday). They have in fact replied and are shipping out a replacement today, after which I can only hope I will be at the same sticking points as everyone else here and help out with the Beta testing. Laurie and Troy have been very professional through all this, so I hope that level of support continues. Cheers.

- Ed K.
    12-02-2008 10:30 AM
    While I really like the Opera 9 version that ships w/ the Sprint phones, it does not yet work with the RedFly drivers (I know, a known issue). My problem is that the default browser on the Sprint phones is Opera, so any time you click on a link it opens Opera. This is not a good thing when using the Fly (and can even cause problems when not connected with the current driver). Does anyone know how to set PIE as the default? There is not an option (that I can find) in the Opera tools menu to "unset" it as the default browser; I guess Sprint removed that (for whatever reason).
    12-02-2008 10:31 AM
    It's not a Sprint thing... that's how TouchPros come.

You can change it, but I'm not aware of a standard setting. It involves some registry editing.

Here's one thread to "Disable opera as default browser".
    12-04-2008 03:27 PM
    Boy, I sure am Jonesing for a new driver.
    12-04-2008 05:53 PM
    A new driver was posted today.

The driver installed fine but I can't get the firmware to update. When connected to my Fuze and I run the firmware CAB, it gets to the next screen and then it disconnects, reconnects, and leaves the RF with the RF white screen and my device with a black screen. I need to soft-reset the phone.

Anyone else have success with the .64 firmware?

UPDATE: I could only get the firmware update to work through another phone, an HTC Tytn II. The upgrade went as expected with that device connected.

I also noticed how much better the RF drivers work on this device as compared to the Fuze/TouchPro. The VGA drivers have a long way to go in terms of video performance and usability. The menu keys and title bar area are normal sized on this older qVGA device as opposed to the Fisher-Price look on the Fuze with the RF.
    Last edited by mskovrinskie; 12-05-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    12-05-2008 07:02 PM
    I'm still having trouble connecting on my second RF unit, even after trying Beta .64, so there must be a config issue somewhere. Let me get the obvious out of the way...
    1. YES, I have Advanced Network turned on
    2. YES, my USB cables are working (I have 4), and sync works fine (I got the driver and FW files onto the Fuze and the driver installed on the phone).

After the FW cab installs on the phone, it then asks you to connect to the RF so it can transfer the FW to it. But the RF never sees the Fuze - it always indicates "Unknown Device - Make sure Advanced Network setting is enabled".

I've tried everything I can think of to get these two devices to connect - it just ain't happening! Before I give up and ship back to Celio as a lost cause, is there anything anyone here can think of that would prevent a USB connection? I obviously can't connect via BT b/c you need to connect via USB to configure BT. I've spent a huge amount of time just trying to get to first base with this thing. Any constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update 12/11: Got the two devices connected finally. Turns out that one or more of the tweaks that I had used (which most of you have used/recommended), had corrupted something in the RNDIS area of the USB port driver. We had to do a master reset to finally determine this vs. a bad USB port. Now the hard part - adding the CABs and tweaks back on one at a time and seeing which one or combination affected this setting (USB-to-PC Advance Network setting, or RNDIS network layer - both related).
    Last edited by edk; 12-11-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Problem solved
    12-05-2008 11:00 PM
    Installed fine for me on my Sprint TP. Still want a way to disable TF3D upon connecting (and select specific items on the start menu instead).

Seems better, but some fonts still look like they could be smaller. It's too late to really test, but I like where this is going :)
    Last edited by bioart; 12-06-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    12-06-2008 01:42 AM
    I'm still having trouble connecting on my second RF unit, even after trying Beta .64, so there must be a config issue somewhere. Let me get the obvious out of the way...
    1. YES, I have Advanced Network turned on
    2. YES, my USB cables are working (I have 4), and sync works fine (I got the driver and FW files onto the Fuze and the driver installed on the phone).

After the FW cab installs on the phone, it then asks you to connect to the RF so it can transfer the FW to it. But the RF never sees the Fuze - it always indicates "Unknown Device - Make sure Advanced Network setting is enabled".
    Are you using the USB cable that came with your Fuze? I've had trouble getting my Sprint TP to connect with a "normal" USB cable. Just a thought.
    12-06-2008 05:44 AM
    Installed fine for me on my Sprint TP. Still want a way to disable TF3D upon connecting (and select specific items on the start menu instead).

Seems better, but some fonts still look like they could be bigger. It's too late to really test, but I like where this is going :)
    It would be nice if they would post a revision history so that we could better evaluate the changes (i.e., even know what to look for). The post on the web has not changed from the 61 version...
    12-06-2008 09:47 AM

You can change it, but I'm not aware of a standard setting. It involves some registry editing.

I have tried a couple of different things and none seem to work. I have read that if I install another version of Opera and then uninstall it, it will set PIE as the default--but then there is no way to get Opera reset as default when the driver (finally) works with 9.5. (I know I can backup and restore or hard reset, but there really seems like there should be an easier option...)
    12-06-2008 09:50 AM

This was not completely satisfying (at least what I tried did not really work--Opera still took over). I read in some of material that if you install another version of Opera (older or the newer beta) that you have two versions on the phone. When you then uninstall the second Opera, it will reset PIE as the default. This is irreversible though--you have to back-up/restore or hard reset to get Opera back as the default (and I think we all are hoping that 9.5 will finally work...) There HAS to be an easier short-term solution...
    12-06-2008 09:55 AM
    Tested out the new driver on my touchpro. I use PocketBreeze on my today (after removing all other standard MS today stuff) but every time I connect, this driver spends a few seconds to add back calendar, message, clock and task back to my Today which I needed to waste time to remove.

After connection, it feels quite stable. But the connection time is too long and apparently this new driver has conflicts with other add-ons like Pocketbreeze. Looks like I need to stay with the original old driver a little longer... :(
    12-06-2008 10:42 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD